Looking to make a beginner Game Dev Team

Discussion in 'Help Wanted (UNPAID AND PROFIT SHARING)' started by LemonMilk, Sep 29, 2017.

1. LemonMilk

LemonMilk New Member

Looking to form a small team to start projects and develop games!

My Main End Goal, is to create high quality games that anyone who plays the game, including myself to genuinely enjoy investing their time into it. As a former avid gamer, a lot of mainstream, or big title games have lost my interest. I feel many games have lost their flavor. Instead of waiting for "the new" I would rather make it myself or take part in making it.

My Goal for the Group - What I envision is a trustworthy team, with the passion to create and willingness to motivate each other to do their best. The team can learn, grow, and create together becoming closer to one another, helping each other reach our personal goals in respective to our own trade.

But alas, I am a complete beginner, Ideally looking for fellow beginners and setting the bar a bit lower, working non-rev at first, for fun, experience, and growing in individual skill as well as a group to reach this goal.

My Experiences-
    (The only thing I have that I can bring to the table with great confidence)
    - Is my story writing, telling, concept and analyzation, for various genres of games, movies, etc.
    - Making up/writing stories or characters is my forte, so to speak.

Skills that I consider, "Work in Progress"
    - I am taking and will take programming classes for Java through college.
    - I am self-taught using all resources I can pool together in C#, C++ and Python.
    - I am in the process of self-taught art.

As of now I am in process of completing various very small, very simple games in Unity. For my resolve, it has been months of grinding math to reapply to college, and months longer to prepare financial stability, etc, just so I can start to pursue my goal. I already have many ideas and projects that I can't wait to begin when my skills come to par.

I will reach this goal, with or without a team.

Anyone of any skill level and trade are welcome to join me on this journey.

Just to be on the same page, Being Dedicated and serious about the projects and improving is VERY IDEAL. Of course all of this should be for fun, and it would be great to make new comrades/friends along this journey, so if this type of deal is something you see that is temporary for yourself, then please be sure to mention that and we can discuss further on that.

Please comment or email me if you are interested, have any questions, or just want to talk! Email will be the fastest way I will respond. Typically throughout the day I will answer inside a few hours if not minutes.

I live in PDT time zone!

Email- kingwooster@gmail.com

Thank you!

2. Shilou

Shilou New Member

I am a passionate inexperienced writer and would LOVE to join! I'll also be learning beginning programming next year. I have a couple friends who may be able to provide temporary art and animation. I hope I get to be part of the team!

3. Tone_e_rome

Tone_e_rome New Member

Would be willing to help out.

4. Canislupus54

Canislupus54 New Member

Hey, I'm interested. I'm not very experienced, but I have some ability in gameplay design and writing.

5. Kleber R. Costa

Kleber R. Costa New Member