Looking to Create a Small Team

Discussion in 'Help Wanted (UNPAID AND PROFIT SHARING)' started by Throneofbob, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Throneofbob

Throneofbob New Member

(GAME MAKER: Program used)

Hi everybody!

My name is Dylan and I am looking for an ARTIST and a PROGRAMMER to join me on completing one game, then if all works out, many more.

THE GAME
    Let me start by discussing the game a bit, to see if this is worth your time. I have started, and created a good amount of coding, on a 2D platforming battle game. It has a smash brothers feel to it, but is much more simplistic. By simplistic, I mean that you have 5 major controls during battle:
    1. Moving/Jumping 2. Forward Attack 3.Air Smash 4.Dodging 5.Special

The game is based on knocking the other player off the stage. All of the characters have unique personalities/styles/range of motions and attacks looks and feels. Keeping the controls simplistic and keeping the game fast paced, is the main appeal. Games could last as little as 15 seconds and as long as....really long unless it is timed mode. :)

WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR
    I am looking for a Pixel Artist and a Programmer to help me bring our game to fruition. I am going to list things as detailed as possible to give as much information I can about each position.

PIXEL ARTIST: I am looking for a pixel artist who can create characters and their animations, backgrounds, and help with creating the menus.
    CHARACTER ANIMATIONS:
    1. Idle 2. Running 3.Jumping 4.Crouching 5.Dodging 6.Attacking Forward
    7.Attacking Down(from air) 8.Hit (when hit by an attack) 9. Special Attack 10. Winning
    More may be added later. ***I have an idea of what the look of the game should be, but any styles are welcome and encouraged because nothing is set in stone for art style***

PROGRAMMER: I am looking for a programmer to clean up my coding and create the rest of the coding for the game as needed.
    WHAT I HAVE CODED:
    I have created the prototype game with two rectangle characters. Each character has:

1. Idle 2. Running 3.Jumping 4.Crouching 5.Dodging 6.Attacking Forward
    7.Attacking Down(from air) 8.Hit (when hit by an attack)

WHAT NEEDS TO BE CODED:
    ***Besides cleaning up the already set coding*** I would need
    1. Special Attack/method of gaining what is needed to use it 2.Winning animation/end screen
    3. Menus
    coded.

Feel free to message me or reply here with portfolio or just examples of what you can do!

Hope to hear from all of you soon!
    -Dylan

2. PetRockStudios

PetRockStudios New Member

Hello i'm a programmer and i'm interested in working on the game but i have one question what programming language are you using?

-PetRockStudios :)

3. Chad

Chad New Member

Hello! I am a pixel artist and I would love to join you on this game. I currently have a company of my own and am working on a game, but production is going very slow (due to waiting on other members) and I really need a new project to work on! I can do everything you need stated, as soon as I get to my computer I can upload a portfolio for you to view my work. Thanks!

4. Throneofbob

Throneofbob New Member

Hey, Thanks for the reply. I have a pixel artist now, but could always use a second! Just to let you know, the funding is VERY limited until we get the Kickstarter campaign complete. But If you are still interested I would love to see your work and talk more!

5. Throneofbob

Throneofbob New Member

Hey, the program is Game maker, so we are using GML. This is also a Rev-Share project so with that in mind, please feel free to message me!

6. Coretool

Coretool New Member

I don't know if you still need somebody, but I would like to join as a developer! I've got some expiriece with Game Maker!

7. Throneofbob

Throneofbob New Member

Hey, I am still in need of a committed programmer. (Committed = Will keep in touch on a regular basis. Last programmer has yet to reply in 4 days.) I would love to talk more! PM me or email me dylanpetrin@gmail.com