Looking for Pixel Artist/Animator

Discussion in 'Help Wanted (PAID ONLY)' started by Ohenoki, May 31, 2017.

1. Ohenoki

Ohenoki New Member

Hiya.

Just been looking around to find places I can find pixel artists looking for work, and stumbled across this place.

My wife is learning to code for games, and I offered to help her out with art (the reason she is doing this is due to an illness which affects her ability to get a local job, so she was looking into ways she can do stuff for herself at home. Whether it becomes a job or not for her will depend on her, but at least she will have skills she can use when her illness worsens).

The issue is, I am not very good with art... especially trying to make it move.

But, the good news is we are willing to pay for some art. The bad news though? Well, were wont be ordering a whole heap at once, the work will come through in dribs and drabs (payment for each part though, so all good). But if we find an artist we will continue to use them.

Currently we are looking at the characters themselves being around 124 pixels high, size dependant on the character (ie, some may be shorter, some taller).

Please provide me some quotes for the following (either through a PM [start a conversation with me] or in here, whatever):

1. Character design and still (eg player, major npc, enemies)
    2. Boss design and still (will be bigger than the others, probably 3 times the size)
    3. minor npc shadows (to give the illusion of there being a busy place, but without a heap of detail going into it)
    4. Animation for the above, assuming 8 frames per required animation (ie walking is 1 animation, attack is 1 animation, etc)

Thanks for your time.

2. kevintrepanier

Original Member Indie Author

Hi,

You look like serious people. I'd be happy to work with you. Pixel art is expensive though, especially at this size. Are you sure you need it to be that big? In pixel art games nowadays we often see the sprites displayed at 200% their original sizes, so you could use 64 X 64px instead. Even at this size, a decent pay for one character design + say 3 animations (at 64 X 64) could cost a few hundred dollars.

I'm an experienced game artist with few pixel art pieces in my portfolio. I've mostly worked with vectors in the past. I love pixel art though and I can send you a few animated pieces from my portfolio if you wish.

Good luck and have fun!

3. Ohenoki

Ohenoki New Member

this is an example of the size I am looking at, it is 124 pixels, http://sta.sh/01av8p8m5gn2

I tried drawing this character at lower pixels and didn't like how it was turning out, which is why I settled on 124 in the end.

I realise I have forgotten to mention the type of game. 2D action platformer. Like, um, Castlevania or Prince of Persia would be examples I suppose.

And yes, based on rough calculation, I do see the whole character as being that price, but the reason I'm asking for pricing the way I am is so that I can do pieces at a time, rather than getting everything for a single character at once. Also, not all characters will be needing heaps of animation, as the PC would.

4. kevintrepanier

Original Member Indie Author

Pixel art is quite hard to master. Check out some Castlevania's Sprite on GBA here : https://www.spriters-resource.com/fullview/4361/
    The main character is just 34 pixels high and the animations are really sweet.

Even Street Fighter 2's (SNES) characters are just around 80 pixels high. That's what is so nice with pixel art : you can jam pack it with so much informations! If you go too big, there's a risk of either diluting the information or spending way too much time on every single frame.

5. joblea

joblea New Member

Good day to you Sir,

I am perfect for the job, my portfolio and solid experience will speak for itself.
    I'm very flexible, dedicated, reliable and can do any style of Pixel Artwork.

You can see some of my Portfolio at this link below.
    http://joblea.jimdo.com/pixel-art

Please email me directly for a faster transaction:
    joblea@live.co.uk

My skype is: joblea

Paypal is my only mode of accepting payment.

Thanks,
    Salvador (jay)

6. AniMerrill

AniMerrill New Member

If you're still looking for an artist I have pixel art commissions available:

[​IMG]

See http://www.animerrill.com/commissions for full details or email me at ethan @ animerrill.com / DM me with any further questions. Thanks!