Looking for cool people to create SIimple online strategy!

Discussion in 'Help Wanted (UNPAID AND PROFIT SHARING)' started by Arturs, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Arturs

Arturs New Member

Hello everyone!
    I love games like probably moste of you here do.
    And i have always wanted to make a game. I have a lot of ideas but most of them are too big, so i was thinking with starting with something smaller.
    What i have in mind is a simple strategy game, you start your city any where on the world, you evolve it without any real money etc, the wait times are not months long.
    You grow your population simply by upgrading your city. no farming needed, all you do is adjust a slider wich indicates what your citizens will do (farm/ready to fight)
    Not much menus just few that allow you to upgrade stuff and evolve.
    About the online part, others obviosly can make cities around you and so on, evolve get stronger and attack you. And destroy your city.
    What i want to acomplish is make a very visualy simple game, but that has fun mechanics.
    No troop managment, just an little cube muving towards the enemie citie.
    There should be clans and alliances, you can muve your city closer to other clan members.
    clans jsut fight for the land of the server till someone wins it all.
    I wont be writing more cose its not in any order, i am jsut curios if here is anyone who wants to help me? I would be able to make the visuals of the gaame, all the menus and so on, but i need help to put it all together.

This game idea is based of Heroes at war or King of Avalon and such games, but they all are pay to win and i hate that, i want something more simple, that you can just enjoy.

This is not the final idea, i hope some of you can join me and we can talk it out :))

I am waiting for your cooperation !!

2. Northmyth

Northmyth New Member

I think it sounds promising but i really don't got the time :D
    But you have some things you need to think about where would you host the game and who will pay for the website ?
    What engine do plan to use? when it is not pay to win is their any money in it to people who joins ? :)

3. Arturs

Arturs New Member

I know it comes with its downsides if there is no pay to win, but we can always add other cosmetic stuff and things that make you cooler but not stronger :D.
    Also an option is, if we actualy make the game, it will be simple with squares and triangles, with simple graphics, after the release we could make some graphics packs(texture packs). This does sound greedy, but that was an idea to make the game have different looks without changing gameplay. And sell the textures to fund the stuff that need money.
    More Emblems and other stuff that only changes the appearance not the gameplay.
    There is always an option for a few adds.
    Not much but a little, not game braking :D

Engine, maybe Unity? Still have to check whats up there for free, Unreal is an option, but its up to the programmer.