Looking for a Team to Make a Game

Discussion in 'Help Wanted (UNPAID AND PROFIT SHARING)' started by archsageilyana, Nov 29, 2017.

1. archsageilyana

archsageilyana New Member

So,

I've always wanted to make a game, and have done many half-completed projects by myself. I've written stories/outlines, composed and arranged music, done pixel art, done basic coding, etc. The whole nine yards, basically.

I would really like to work with a small team to finally complete a game and release it to the public. I have several ideas of different sizes and shapes, and I've fiddled with many different engines over the years.

Engines I am familiar with and would be willing to work with:
    • RPG Maker Series
    • GameMaker Studio
    • Ren'py (I do have an idea for a visual novel, if any of you talented 2D artists wanna work on that)
    • Idle Game Maker
    • Godot
    • Pokémon Essentials (I'm less inclined to this but I love Pokémon so I could be persuaded)
    • Adventure Game Studio
    Skills that I currently Posses:
    • 2D Pixel Art (examples below)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Song Writing/Arranging (I'm not gonna post these online, but if you wanna hear, contact me)
    • Low Level Programming (GameMaker, Ren'py, Rpgmaker Series)
    • Writing/Outlining Stories (I was a creative writing major in college so this is my strongest suit)
    Ideas I Have Currently:
    • A visual novel about two boys coming to terms with their feelings for each other and the growing pains that come with the transition from high school to college
    • A brief gameboy-esque game that follows a young girl who searches for her missing brother inside a portal that only opens in an abandoned game store on Saturdays
    • A game where the player assumes the life of a young woman who has just moved to a new town to pursue her JD in law school. Choices are remembered and activities completed affect the story
    • An adventure game that follows the life of a depressed 20 year old who struggles to find his place in the world
    • A journey into the psyche of a girl who is trapped in a hospital and lonely. The player explores her dreams and tries to find ways to help her overcome her trauma (yes, this is inspired by Yume Nikki)
    • A Pokémon game where a boy journeys away from home after the sudden death of his mother. He meets a Hoppip by chance (her favorite Pokémon), and they become best friends while traveling a new region.
    Anyway, if you're at all interested, I'd love to work with anyone who has any talent that they think they can contribute. I'd love to work with a composer, programmer, and artist to both refine my own skills, and develop a really cool game. :)

Thanks for reading!

PedroVGM likes this.
  2. Xeno Neza

Xeno Neza New Member

Hi there, are you still looking for a team?
    Alternate Games Studios is looking for people still and well email me @ stevesissons95@gmail.com
    we have 3 projects on the go and 2 1/2 teams.
    we could discuss more over email if you'd like?

3. archsageilyana

Yeah, still looking. I sent you an email!

4. Joe Denby

Joe Denby New Member

If you need a programmer and don’t mind working with unity then I will join you.

email: Dolefish@rocketmail.com

5. Xeno Neza

Xeno Neza New Member

just sent you an email :)

6. archsageilyana

Not to be rude, but please make your own thread and don't scavenge mine.

#6 archsageilyana, Nov 30, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  7. archsageilyana

Thanks for the interest! Definitely looking for a programmer and I don't mind Unity. I sent you an email.

8. JaredDoesVoices

JaredDoesVoices New Member

Hello! Are you still looking for help? I'm a voice over artist and would love to be a part of your project if you are looking for any vocal apparatus. I have a wide range of voices, sounds, and effects that I feel could be implemented. If you're interested please email me at memphismuscle@yahoo.com
    I greatly appreciate your time:)

9. archsageilyana

I'm really sorry, but the current project I'm working on doesn't need voice overs. :( Thank you for reaching out, though! I really appreciate it. :)

10. JaredDoesVoices

JaredDoesVoices New Member

Of corse! If you ever need help on future work please let me know. A vocal aspect to a game can add significant character development and connection to the mass consumers buying your quality product. ;)

11. Tushar

Tushar New Member

12. RedC alcifer

RedC alcifer New Member

Hey there! Your artwork seems really interesting to me. Some of your ideas sound really interesting (specially the girl looking for the missing brother and the depressed guy). I am a composer! I've seen you already have some music but maybe I could offer a different style or suggestions! Also I am really into the idea of a whole team working together, not being only a music composer, a programer, a concept artist, etc. ad individuals but a team of people all giving their thoughts about every aspect of the game ^^ If you feel interested on my collaboration feel free to write an e-mail here! roger.mas.b@gmail.com and if not good luck with the project! Looks amazing ^^

13. TheFallenMoon

TheFallenMoon New Member

I am very interested. I myself cannot identify my skills very well, other than saying that I am a general designer. I've had tons of game concepts, ideas, characters, and worlds in my head for a long time now. I am kind of experienced with music, and I write fiction quite a bit. People on the internet have told me that I am actually pretty good at writing and am very creative, but that's for you to judge. ((Don't ask for any stories I wrote, I get unhappy with them and trash them.)) I have a tendency to rewrite stories over and over until I can't stand them anymore, but I have a few ideas I think will work well.

I am attempting to create my own team, but I doubt it will happen, so joining yours seems like a pretty good idea. Especially with those game ideas of yours. Here's my email if you are interesting in working with me: slayeroforcs@gmail.com

14. PedroVGM

PedroVGM New Member

Hi there man I like the way your game looks. I am a game composer so I think I can provide you with msuic. Let me know what you think.

15. periferal

periferal New Member

Greetings!

Most of your ideas sound really intriguing to me, and are quite up my alley. I'm an illustrator, painter and comic artist with game dev ambitions and a love for psychological, touching, otherworldly storytelling in games. You can find my portfolio at http://www.periferal.nl

I'm currently working on several visual novel projects with friends or on my own. My illustration portfolio doesn't include most of that work, but if my style speaks to you, feel free to let me know and I can send you some game art samples through email. :)

I'd love to work on the visual assets, UI design, graphic design and, if you so desire, help flesh out your story ideas or give feedback. Hope to be hearing from you soon!
    cheers,

Falco

16. devfromthebar

devfromthebar New Member

Hi, archsageilyana! Is this still available?

Shoot me an email at hundredfillers@gmail.com.

I'll send you my portfolio.

By the way, I am a game developer.

17. ZLMusicInc

ZLMusicInc New Member

Hey there,
    I might be a little late to the party, but if you're still looking for a composer I'd like to throw my hat in the ring. You can see most of my work on my YouTube page, but here's a playlist of some Chiptune stuff, since it seems you're interested in a an 8/16-bit throwback game:

Send me an email if you'd like to work together: zacharyloymusic@gmail.com