looking for a crew interested in making a crypto based mmo.

Discussion in 'Help Wanted (UNPAID AND PROFIT SHARING)' started by Ahrakeen, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Ahrakeen

Ahrakeen New Member

our team got a writer and designer. as well as one coder. and we are looking for a few more coders an graphic artists for the game. we be planning to have the game run on its own internal currency. as well as a outside crypto to trade between. as for the system its meant to be about trading, exploring and some measurers of colonizing. as there will be a few starting areas. and as players explore new towns can be founded. instead of a focus on story. its meant to be a focus on explortion and player developement

2. JoyFreak

JoyFreak New Member

Hi, how can we contact you without no contact details? Also can you show us examples or screenshots of your work! Sounds rather interesting!

3. Beyond Disbelief

Beyond Disbelief New Member

I'm a bit confused by the concept. Why does this need to use crypto/blockchain and how does the game itself benefit from it? Do you intend it to function like a true digital currency? Seems like you may need a sizable infrastructure and capital investment and the crypto currency aspect might eclipse the gameplay if it gains any meaningful traction.

If it actually enhances the gameplay in some way such as CCGs or CryptoKitties can you elaborate in what way as its hard to imagine in the context of general colonial trading.

JoyFreak likes this.
  4. Ahrakeen

Ahrakeen New Member

idea is to avoid the pitfalls you get if money is infinite. lot of mmo falls into this issue. idea is by having a internal currency that has a hard limit you can better control the economy. the game itself is meant to be more focused on player interactions.

The idea is from a player enter the game from a starting city. they will have a whole world to explore. the world itself divided into areas some with a dungeon core some not. the dungeon core will control monster types, drops and how strong they are. as well as what sort of resources can be gathered. we also wanted there to be areas where a player on first come basis get's to claim a city area if unclaimed in order to build towns so people can craft and explore more. and sprinkle with custom hand made areas with rare or uniqe loot. the cryptos role is to handle the financial side. but the real goal is to have a fantasy world around exploration, crafting and hunting of monsters. so people can grow be as a fighter or a crafter.

JoyFreak likes this.
  5. Beyond Disbelief

Beyond Disbelief New Member

I don't think you need crypto to do that. In fact, it won't solve the problem simply because you can't control/predict the number of DAU's.

This is actually a topic I care a lot about and would like to discuss with you.

I have an Economics undergraduate degree and an MBA. I've also attended Daryna Yemeliantseva's GDC'19 session on Macroeconomics and had a post-session discussion with her about controlling the currency. She thinks its unfeasible because need to control money flow liquidity and that is too complicated because the number of active players is always fluctuating. I think it is possible if you create essentially a virtual Fed Reserve that would fluidly adjust based on algorithms.

JoyFreak likes this.
  6. JoyFreak

JoyFreak New Member

I think the idea is great but just need some sense of direction. We hope we find more interests in this project. We already have one interested.

7. rayparse

rayparse New Member

This interesting, it would be great if we have something or someone to contact.

JoyFreak likes this.
  8. JoyFreak

JoyFreak New Member

9. Ahrakeen

Ahrakeen New Member

If anyone is curios about who to contact about this.
    my discord is Ahrakeen Greenmoon#1949
    or try email
    zho_@hotmail.com

JoyFreak likes this.
  10. Oreganus

Oreganus New Member

Working in a team will definitely increase your chances of success. When I first decided to buy cryptocurrency, my friends and I analyzed the whole market. It's easier to collect data when there are 5 of you. Moreover, many of us went to economics college, so we could pinpoint successful projects. When we chose cryptocurrency, we took help from a crypto broker to make the purchase safely. I heard many stories about people giving away their money, but they were not given cryptocurrency.

#10 Oreganus, Mar 20, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2022