Laser Dolphin for iOS

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Dingo Games, May 5, 2011.

1. Dingo Games

Indie Author

After the moderate success of my game Tasty Planet for iPhone (made it to #1 in a few countries including Canada), I decided to try porting one of my other older games to iPhone. Here it is, Laser Dolphin:

I doubt it will do as well as Tasty Planet, but it already has better press coverage than Tasty Planet ever got... not sure how much that actually matters with iOS stuff.

App Store Links:
    Laser Dolphin (iPhone version)
    Laser Dolphin HD (iPad version)

#1 Dingo Games, May 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
  2. pjeigh

pjeigh New Member

That's just hilarious.

3. Bob5602

Bob5602 New Member

Looks pretty awesome to me :)

4. Artinum

Original Member

I remember reviewing the PC version some time ago - it certainly wins the prize for most concise yet descriptive title! I saw this on the "new" list on my iPhone too - you're certainly in there somewhere. Good luck!

5. PoV

PoV
    Indie Author

Hehe. You might remember better than me, but did we ever review the game on the GameTunnel Monthly Round Up? It sounds so familiar.

If so, I hope I didn't say something stupid. :rolleyes: Every so often at conferences and Internets I run in to someone who's game I actually reviewed way back then... and am left embarrassed, since I know I wrote some pretty bad reviews. :cool:

6. Dingo Games

Indie Author

We got on the "New and Noteworthy" for games. Not a huge feature, but better than anything that we had with Tasty Planet. (though Tasty Planet sales still dwarf Laser Dolphin)

I think there are basically four levels of features that you can get from Apple:
    Level 1: New and Noteworthy in your subcategories - this is basically worthless because it is only visible from iTunes on the computer. Tasty Planet got this - didn't help much. I'm not even sure if these are curated by employees. I get the feeling that it is just automated.
    Level 2: New and Noteworthy in Games - this is what Laser Dolphin got. Visible on the device when you tap "Featured" then the big blue "games" button.
    Level 3: New in all apps - visible as soon as you tap "Featured".
    Level 4: "Game of the Week" or other large feature shown at top of App Store. This is like winning the App Store lottery.

@PoV
    Yeah, I think Laser Dolphin was in the monthly roundup... it might have had a full review too. Fortunately, I don't remember the details. :)

7. Dan MacDonald

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

Wow, I remember this from the dexterity days. Hope it does well :)