Lacking a promising game design? I could have what you need.

Discussion in 'Other Services' started by Rejected Spawn, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Rejected Spawn

Rejected Spawn New Member

Greetings, my name is Staffan and I'm currently attempting to establish myself as someone who can provide game designs that are more well constructed and profitable than most, while at the same time making sure that no developer ends up working on a game they hate. I may also be able to provide advice for existing designs to make them appeal to a wider audience.

Generally speaking one could say that people involved in creating anything usually have no shortage of ideas, game development is no exception. While I think it's important to get involved with projects one can enjoy working on, not all game designs are automatically going to be good and end up generating any significant sales even if the ones behind have given their all to create their dream game. One common cause of this is the difference in mindset between "average gamers" and "average game creators", it takes a little extra something to be a creative person but that same something also affects your viewpoint. On the sales side of things there's also much that can be hard for a game developer to get a good feel for, this matters less if you're creating games as a hobby but if you're serious about making a living as a developer you need to be able to capture the attention of your audience and make them feel good about their purchase - honest but effective marketing is important for long term sales and I'm likely to be able to guide you there.

Since all I can provide is "ideas and advice" it makes no sense for me to only get involved with a single group at a time, it's also unreasonable for me to demand payment unless my meager effort results in a huge sales figure that would have been far out of reach without me. I'm most useful to larger groups that have gotten stuck trying to come up with a project everyone involved can agree on, though I'll also be happy to share small bits of advice to even a lone dev with an already fixed project - sometimes an extra set of eyes can really help.

For designs I'll only provide ideas that require a full 3D environment, this ranges from something that can be summed up in a few phrases up to the scale of dozens of pages detailing game mechanics, lore, dialogue and so on, I'll of course try to tailor my suggestions to the available manpower and tastes of your team. 2D is something I simply don't work well with so at best I can give some occasional pointers for such games. Additional small things I may be able to help with are scientific correctness (primarily in physics, psychology and biology) and fairly good proof reading (including some degree of rewording if appropriate) if you want your game to be as polished as possible.

When contacting me simply explain your situation and what you'd like me to help with and we'll take it from there, I do live in Sweden (GMT +1) but due to medical sleep issues I tend to be present at very unpredictable times and there will usually be some delays before I reply regardless of when you drop me a message. Indiegamer is not made for lengthy private conversation, instead Discord seems like the best current day option and you can find me there by looking for Rejected Spawn#2043.