Ivory Studios - Medieval Politics Medieval Survival - 5 Positions available

Discussion in 'Help Wanted (UNPAID AND PROFIT SHARING)' started by Daniel Harmer, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Daniel Harmer

Daniel Harmer New Member

SHORT BIO

A game that combines the best parts of; Chivalry, Medieval Engineers, Rust & a new politics/territory system.

About Me/Why I started Ivory Studios

I am a theatre and TV Sound Designer by trade, but love to play games with my mates from back home in the midlands, such as;

- Rust

- Medieval Engineers

- Chivalry Medieval warfare

- Sid Mier's Civilisation series

- Total War series

These games satisfy every part of gaming I love, but I've always dreamt and searched for that one game to combine the aspects we love from each game.

After years of waiting for the perfect game to be released I've decided to take the first steps in putting a team together to help make what is mine and I believe is many other peoples perfect game containing the loved combat esc system with a brilliant build system thrown in with some great player management systems to allow for that real authentic medieval gameplay experience... that's not slightly broken here and a bit of wishing they'd done this slightly better.

I have sheets and sheets of game mechanics ready to go and a road map in mind, but I'm no programmer or 3D modeller.

My role would be in the game design and driving direction of the gameplay as well as the mechanics involved in creating Medieval Politics.

I would also deliver my services as a sound designer.

But I need talented programmers and artists to help make this medieval vision a reality, I need people who feel like they still haven't found that perfect medieval survival game to play and really get stuck in being whatever you want to be in a multiplayer medieval sandbox.

Thanks for reading,

Dan

DESCRIPTION OF PROJECT

Medieval Politics essentially breaks down into 4 main features I see as key, but that also interlink to create an alpha version of the game. Below is an example of the concept art that is ready to go for the different systems that will be implemented.

To keep some of the more individual mechanics of the game under wraps for now, I ask that you wait to view these until we have had some contact and been introduced.

[image=7537]

1) - Combat

2) - Construction

3) - Gathering (I know, original... but trust us)

4) - POLITICS (This also includes the new territory player management mechanic)

EXPECTED REVENUE

he final game will market in the region of £15 GBP.

For Alpha backers once the game is in a testable state, Medieval Politics will retail for around £25 GBP.

When in a position to, we will aim to launch a kickstarter.

This will be used to reward your efforts so far and judge the interest within the community, whilst also supplying funds to proceed and aim for a Steam Green light.

RISKS AND CHALLENGES

I'm not going to be naive and say "There are none!", because we all know the obvious one. It could end up fizzling out.

That's why I need complete devotion from those who are selected to come on board to the Ivory Studios team.

Although we may not be in the same room/city/country, it is important to set out a timetable. As the Project manager and lead Designer this will be my job.

As soon as the team has been selected, a timetable of regular E-meetings (for design decisions, ideas you think are worth a try and progress updates) will be released to all those involved and an E-meet and greet will be arranged.

I feel the only way to wipe this risk away is with a tight and closely knit team.

NEEDED MEMBERS

1) -TECH LEAD AND NETWORK PROGRAMMER

What will I be doing?

You will be leading the main architectural programming of the Medieval Politics whilst managing and other programmers within the company, ensuring goals are met.

You will also ensure that the code is clean and comprehensible for the rest of your team.

Such programming systems include;

-Voxel based terrain

-Animal AI

-Block based building systems

-Intricate combat systems

-Area control systems

You will implement the systems and structures created by other programmers and assets created by the designers.

You are the 'joiner' and a key member within the team.

Your main role will be the enabling of the multiplayer capability, allowing up to 250 players to interact seamlessly and smoothly within the same environment.

However, this does not mean you will be void to input ideas and let your creative side loose within design meetings and day to day programming.

-REQUIREMENTS

You must;

-Be proficient in C# programming and the Unreal Engine

-Be proficient in C+ etc. programming

-Be good with people management

-Have an attention to detail

-Be organised

-Work well within a team and to deadlines

Please send examples of past work when possible.

- I OFFER

A 15% stake in Ivory Studios and all it's subsequent profits while under employment, dropping to a 7% stake upon departure from Ivory Studios (If you choose to depart).

2) - ASSISTANT PROGRAMMER

What will I do?

You will help create the custom mechanics required for Medieval Politics, supporting the Tech Lead & other programmers in a team based format.

-Voxel based terrain

-Animal AI

-Area control systems

You will also ensure that the code is clean and comprehensible for the rest of your team.

-Voxel based terrain

-Animal AI

-Area control systems

You will implement the systems and structures created by other programmers and assets created by the designers.

You are the 'joiner' and a key member within the team.

However, this does not mean you will be void to input ideas and let your creative side loose within design meetings and day to day programming.

- REQUIREMENTS

You must;

-Be proficient in using the Unreal 4 Engine

-Be proficient in C+ etc. programming

-Have an attention to detail

-Be organised

-Work well within a team and to deadlines

Examples of past work to be provided when possible.

- I OFFER

A 12% stake in Ivory Studios and all it's subsequent profits while under employment, dropping to a 5% stake upon departure from Ivory Studios (If you choose to depart).

3) - Animator

What will I do?

You will create the custom and realistic looking animations and animation sequences needed for the many unique actions relating to the relevant mechanic.

You will work closely with the Lead Designer and the rest of the team to create cohesive and high quality animations.

- REQUIREMENTS

You should be;

-Proficient in an animation software of your choice (Unreal 4 compatible)

-Able to work as a team and with the lead designer to tweak animations until they reach the required standard.

Examples of past work are essential and a must.

- I OFFER

A 12% stake in Ivory Studios and all it's subsequent profits while under employment, dropping to a 5% stake upon departure from Ivory Studios (If you choose to depart).

4) - MODELLER AND TECHNICAL ARTIST

What will I be doing?

You will be creating the 3D hard and soft models, as well as creating the textures to skin said models with the Artistic direction of the Game Designer.

This will often be done through a process of accurate concept art proportions, supplied by the Game Designer.

You will also be in charge of importing your work into the Unreal Engine and with the rigging and animation of the models.

Please provide examples of previous work.

- REQUIREMENTS

You should;

-Have the ability to use Unreal to import animations, models and meshes

-Be proficient use of photoshop equivalent software and skinning of in game models

-Be proficient in Maya or an alternate Model making software equivalent

-Work well as an individual and as a team

-Be able to meet deadlines

-Be creative and able to work independently

Examples of past work is a must.

- I OFFER

5) - MODELLER AND ARTIST

What will I be doing?

You will be creating the 3D hard and soft models, as well as creating the textures to skin said models with the Artistic direction of the Game Designer.

This will often be done through a process of accurate concept art proportions, supplied by the Game Designer.

You will also be in charge of importing your work into the Unreal Engine and with the rigging and animation of the models.

Please provide examples of previous work.

- REQUIREMENTS

You should;

-Have the ability to use Unreal to import animations, models and meshes

-Be proficient use of photoshop equivalent software and skinning of in game models

-Be proficient in Maya or an alternate Model making software equivalent

-Work well as an individual and as a team

-Be able to meet deadlines

-Be creative and able to work independently

Examples of past work is a must.

- I OFFER

WHEN APPLYING

Please state which position you are applying for and provide examples of past work.

Thank you.