Is This Impossible? Is It Possible?

Discussion in 'Indie Basics' started by Tyler Blair, Jan 14, 2016.

?
  1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
  1. Tyler Blair

Tyler Blair New Member

Okay, below is my plan for developing my game is it possible?

I want to develop a video game. There are a few catches. I plan on hiring a team. Now the team won't be paid they will work for the fun of game development. They will get a percentage of the profits after we start selling the game. I also plan on my team working from home. Meaning my team will not meet. Me and my team will discuss everything on Skype and Teamspeak (A voice chat software).

About My Game:

Name: I don't know yet.
    Genre: I don't know yet.
    Engine used to make game: Unreal 4
    I want this game to be developed for PC it will be available for download on Steam.
    I don't know if this game will be a simple game with bad graphics or a game with awesome graphics.

Is this possible? Is anyone interested in being a manager? If you were a Manager you would give me advice and be in charge of the team.

2. kevintrepanier

Original Member Indie Author

So you whole plan is to use the Unreal 4 engine?
    Impossible until you make a more thorough plan.

3. kurdle

kurdle New Member

Basically. Make a better plan, make a better game.

4. DMATH

DMATH New Member

Working over the internet with people you never met in person is generally a bad idea,

too much planning and communication barriers, its easier to have everyone in a building working face to face.

5. MrSeasons

MrSeasons New Member

Also, if you want people to join you, you need to have a very solid plan. Think about that first

6. Rekusi

Indie Author

Do you have any managerial experience? It will help in knowing what skills to look for when hiring a project manager.

7. Saneia

Saneia New Member

I think you should think out a few more details. People aren't going to work on something for free unless they like the idea of it.

8. CaiGengYang

CaiGengYang New Member

I wanna work on this , I love video games and am planning on starting a career in game development. Let me know what you need help with ...