Is This a Good 8Bit Dragon?

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by Will Rogers, Jan 17, 2017.

Tags:
?

Is This A Good 8Bit Dragon

Poll closed Jan 24, 2017.
  1. Yes?

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No?

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Will Rogers

Will Rogers New Member

Is This a good Dragon like art wise?

Attached Files:

Suzanne101 likes this.
  2. metateen

Moderator Indie Author

It isn't to terribly bad, just add in some shading here and there and it'll be alright.

PixelShroom and Will Rogers like this.
  3. kevintrepanier

Original Member Indie Author

It's a good try, not fantastic, could use more work. It looks a bit flat and the animation is not so convincing.

You may want to get some feedbacks over at pixelation.org or pixeljoint.com
    There is a great community of tremendous pixel artists over there.

4. Marta Martorello

Marta Martorello New Member

The animation honestly doesn't look too bad, but I'm not convinced about 1. The mouth (is it supposed to spit fire? Still, I find the jaws a bit too far apart) and 2. The external lines. They would look neater if you could make them look like perfect straight or curve lines.
    8bit anim is fascinating to say the least, but character designing is quite a bitch... to make it look perfect, you actually try to make it as simple as possible.

5. Will Rogers

Will Rogers New Member

Thanks All Of You For Responding I'll try To Improve it :)

Suzanne101 likes this.
  6. Hitch

Hitch New Member

Great start. Think it just needs some polishing.

7. BenjiBenjamin123

BenjiBenjamin123 New Member

I agree with you!

8. D.Va

D.Va New Member

I think whether it's "good" or not largely depends on the art style of the rest of the game!

9. Preyor

Preyor New Member

Its actually an interesting yet pleasing design, it really shows the uniqueness of your art style.

Though, I'd also recomond the same advise as miss Marta, cleaning up the the outlines and facial features a bit will really sell the consept of it being a "real" dragon.

The animation is also borderline good to great. Adjusting the shading according to the movements of the animation and adding in a fourth frame for when the wings are lifted back up would be a nice start to pushing passed that line and make it a solid great animation.

Overall, its good. Deffinetly not bad, if you wanna see bad you should look at the kinda things I put together, haha.

10. HappySlapp

HappySlapp New Member

I think it's pretty good, man! The only thing that really needs work is some shading of some kind, maybe a couple more frames of animation, and some small cleanup of the linework, but other than that, I'd say you did a great job, dude :D

PixelShroom likes this.
  11. Scraulac

Scraulac New Member

I'd say it looks good, but maybe make the head slightly larger. Also, like many other people have said, clean up the boarders and add a bit more detail (like shading, etc.) and it will be even better! ;)

12. kaufenpreis

kaufenpreis New Member

It looks a bit flat and the animation is not so convincing.

13. Withvees

Withvees New Member

I don't think it looks bad. I think the head could use a little more touch tho