Is 3d printing for real

Discussion in 'Indie Related Chat' started by contraboy, Jun 17, 2016.

1. contraboy

contraboy New Member

So I've been hearing all this stuff about '3d printed robots' and '3d printed drum sets'.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bhaskar-chakravorti/3-ways-in-which-a-3d-prin_b_9407310.html

Is this stuff really happening? Like I can now simply upload a file in a printing machine and get stuff 'made' in physical form?

This place even seem to carry these files. Like this Xbox Conroller extender (Looks kind of cheap though lol).
    https://pinshape.com/items/15728-3d-printed-killstix-xbox-360-pro-game-controller-stick-extenders

I hope it's real because I'm still awaiting the god dang hoverboard :(

#1 contraboy, Jun 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  2. AlexINF

AlexINF New Member

Yeah, it's pretty real. And they're starting to say that they are developing 3d printers for food, houses and more.

3. metateen

Moderator Indie Author

3D printing for food? We already have 3D printed food!

[​IMG]

contraboy and AlexINF like this.
  4. bantamcitygames

Administrator Original Member Indie Author Greenlit

Yeah, one guy that used to frequent these forums had one of the 3D models from his game sent away and they created some cool figures.

5. Rekusi

Indie Author

Plans for a wrench were sent to the space station, and they 3d printed the wrench up there.

6. bantamcitygames

Administrator Original Member Indie Author Greenlit

That is the best case of 3D printing I've ever heard of :)

7. Vonyco

Vonyco New Member

It's a conspiracy