||Iron Rift|| Economic RTS

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MikeRobe, Oct 5, 2014.

1. MikeRobe

MikeRobe New Member

Tachyon Entertainment is back, and this time we're going for the big games!

Iron Rift is an Economic RTS which involves trading, construction and fighting off pirates and other factions! You'll be able to play in a vast galaxy full of stars, which are full of planets, which are full of cities! You can even play with friends! Our modular ship builder will allow you to create your own ships in a satisfying way! Explore the galaxy in a fleet, carry precious cargo and make your own! Loot passing freighters and research advanced technology!

Since we're at a fairly early stage, I'd love to know what people think of the concept found at Steam -
    Clickity!
    And you can visit our tumblr page for art and information -
    tachyonnz on tumblr

It's like Port Royale, but in SPACE!

2. CDR-RAGE

CDR-RAGE New Member

the game looks cool :)

3. Leon

Original Member

Sounds like a game that I could get lost into.

4. MikeRobe

MikeRobe New Member

Thanks for you replies, guys, good to hear you're interested in playing! I've been on a bit of a hiatus, but now I'm back, and we've put up a Tachyon Entertainment website!
    www.tachyonnz.com!
    I'll post news, art, games and anything of use on there!

5. CCHAudio

CCHAudio New Member

Very cool, I love the idea of an economic RTS and custom ships just makes it that much better.

6. MikeRobe

MikeRobe New Member

We're going to put in a technology tree, which will include some fun ways to win as well as an exterior Diplomatic and Conquest victory. There'll be three 'superdevices', details on each will become more detailed as time passes. The names of each are as follows - The Ansible, The Polygon, The Lodestone. Each faction (except pirates) wants to get their hands on them, so when you create one, you can keep it for yourself or gift it to a faction. Doing either of these will trigger a victory.

You can have a look at the tech tree on our tumblr page: www.tachyonnz.tumblr.com!

7. MikeRobe

MikeRobe New Member

[​IMG]
    A little segment of the galaxy!

8. MikeRobe

MikeRobe New Member

New video! How does it look?

#8 MikeRobe, Dec 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015