iPhone App - setting the release date?

Discussion in 'Indie Business' started by chanon, Aug 4, 2010.

1. chanon

Indie Author

I asked this on an iphone specific site but didn't get any answers, so I thought maybe someone here would know.

I'm preparing to release UltraDeep but there is something I'm not sure of which is setting the release date.

I've heard that you should set the release date to the day after (or the same day?) as the app was approved so that it shows up quickly in the "new releases" lists since iTunes/AppStore uses the "Ready for Sale" date to sort that list.

Is that still necessary?

I just read that there have been massive changes to iTunes connect (and seen it myself) ... is it still the case that you should set the release date to the day after (or same day) it was approved after these changes?

If so, then this is very problematic(!!) since you can't lock down a release date if you want to be visible on the new lists. So how do people advertise/announce their release dates?

Is it better to ignore the chance to appear on the new lists in order to lock down a release date?

Thanks for any advice!

2. Moose2000

Moose2000 New Member

3. chanon

Indie Author

Thanks Moose .. and that is a great article - just what I was looking for!