International Sales

Discussion in 'Indie Business' started by dypaul, Jan 25, 2005.

1. dypaul

Original Member

I know that big portals like RealOne cater to everyone around the world, but there has got to be many non-US portals well known in their own countries that we (in the US) are not taking advantage of. Every developer in the world taps our market; now it's overcrowded. We need to branch out and learn about other portals around the world. Any comment?

2. patrox

Indie Author

You really think there's life outside the US :D ?

pat.

3. baegsi

Original Member

I don't see much of a US vs. International market. If a product is purely digital distributed than it doesn't matter where the hosting server is located. The only thing one can do is to provide a product for non-english speakers and give it to localized portals. I'll do this for german portals but the problem is that they seem to be really small, so it might not be worth the extra effort.

Maybe the there's an addtional market in Japan where gaming has a much higher value in the society. I can approve that for mobile games. But of course you would need to have a native speaker as a partner.