Indiegamer upgrade and new look.

Discussion in 'Indie Related Chat' started by Mike Boeh, Apr 7, 2011.

1. lightassassin

lightassassin New Member

Looks the goods. Feel less like I'm visiting a high color site for the partially blind ;)

I usually turn off the images for smiles in profile somewhere as I usually check stuff from my phone in text only modes.

2. Reactor

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

I'm really liking the new look. Did Daydream make the new logo and other bits? If so, nice work! :)

3. desmasic

Original Member

That light grey background for the table at the bottom of every post (with Reply, Reply With Quote.. etc., links) is annoying. Can someone change it to the background color of the post (pref, light blue of post) or user name on left? Or just make it white.

Nothing important, just bugging me. :p

4. Dan MacDonald

Yup a little DayDream help was enlisted for the graphical bits :)

5. JGOware

Indie Author

Site looks good, thanks for the upgrade. Now add a donation button and you're all set. ;)

6. Borundin

Borundin New Member

I could swear those icons were not there when I posted my question though :confused:
    Anyway problem solved, I'm happy once again thanks! :eek:

7. electronicStar

Original Member

Wouldn't it possible to let the user chose between different styles?

8. CasualInsider

CasualInsider New Member

The IG of the header looks bad. The grey gradient should be made solid white. It should look like this:

[​IMG]

Much cleaner and nicer. I really like the other parts of the logo.

Also, it is about time someone add a redirect from http://indiegamer.com/ to http://forums.indiegamer.com/

9. GnadeGames

Original Member

Love the new look!

10. DigitalDuffman

DigitalDuffman New Member

Still getting used to the new look but looks good to me so far.

11. PoV

PoV
    Indie Author

Wow. New look 'eh?

12. Game Producer

Moderator Original Member

This calls for saying: Yay!

13. Grey Alien

Indie Author

The Indie Author badge has gone though. I found it useful and maybe newcomers would too when they spout their usual nonsenses ;-p

14. DayDream

Indie Author

Nice take on the logo... I will rework it along those lines and see if I can get it past 'the powers in charge'...

15. Dan MacDonald

Ah yeah, it's all still being tracked on the server just need to make it visible again....

16. xelanoimis

Original Member

I prefer to quickly spot the threads with new replies and in the new look this is a bit confusing. I think they're in blue, which looks pretty close to the general theme, at least on the main page.

The red ones scream "click me!" - do they mean hot topics (lot of posts)?. Too bright, like warnings or so. I can't quickly see if one of these has new replies or not. And I have to look at the latest post date - which is very annoying. Might be something about the bold title, but for some reason I couldn't grey a group of threads even if I tried to visit all "unvisited" threads.

In the end, putting color preferrences aside, I'd like to quickly be able to spot groups and threads with new posts and have these grayed after visited.

Thanks!

17. Henri Karapuu

Henri Karapuu New Member

Hah, you really think us brash newcomers care about some badge? :p

18. jcottier

jcottier New Member

I really think it was utterly useless as many people had it without ever having experienced selling their own games. So what's the point?
    Beeing a newbie in this forum doesn't mean you are talking BS and vice versa being an oldie doesn't mean what you are saying is right.
    To me, this badge was just a pretext to please some egos :) that's why I never requested one.
    At the end of the day, after a bit, people make their own mind, and they find out by themselves whom is worth listening to and whom isn't. A fake badge won't make it right.

JC

19. LiquidShock

LiquidShock New Member

Like the new look and new logo. Nice job.

20. Game Producer

Moderator Original Member

Not so much into badges really... I'd actually think that finally would be fun to see faces of people. When I suggested this in the Steve / Dexterity era this never happened. Perhaps now indie world would be ready for it? :]