indieDB vent

Discussion in 'Indie Related Chat' started by Jack Norton, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Nutter2000

Original Member Indie Author

Is IndieDB really worth all this hastle?
    Do they actually get enough traffic that would be interested in your game?

2. Vino

Vino New Member

Mod/IndieDB has always had some kind of arcane news approval process. I understand why (fight spam etc) but I don't see why they haven't come up with better methods by now. Most sites have a "3 approved posts and you're golden" policy. I can't imagine how much time they waste approving stuff each day.

Anyway there's a few things you can do to help yourself get approved, like have a screenshot and stay topical. Really though I've found the whole site not to really be worth it to focus on, I only post updates there after I've written it for elsewhere.