Indie Game Promotion on Tik Tok

Discussion in 'Indie Business' started by madpoet, Jun 4, 2020.

1. madpoet

madpoet New Member

Hi fellow game devs!

I am starting a game giveaway promotional account on Tik Tok, to help indie game developers receive attention for their projects.The way for this endeavour to be successful and receive maximum exposure for all devs participating is to provide the account with one free game code, which I give away to a random user who likes and follows. I think this could be a great way to expose your game to gamers on Tik Tok for a very small investment. Especially if you have a compelling game video, this could really work.

Interested?

Message me here or via themagnet@rogers.com

Thanks for your time :)

2. Rami Morrar

Rami Morrar New Member

Don't put all your coins into promoting on TikTok. The rate of engagement > to sales is super low comparing social media : email. Make a mailing list instead.

Watch this video for tips and tricks.

youtube.com/watch?v=jZ5H6DeaKKs

3. OddBall-GameDev

OddBall-GameDev New Member

I just started a Tik Tok for game promotion as well. We'll see how it goes. Might take a bit of experimenting with what works and what doesn't..

4. Lobino

Lobino New Member

I guess it depends on a game. Tik Tok in my opinion is popular between school kids and teenagers mostly. At least all children of my neighbor's houses in Cannes here are all using Tik Tok every day and they record different challenges. Personally I don't get this social network.

5. DanceVi

DanceVi New Member

That's a good idea. Tiktok is almost everywhere and is a fast way to approach audiences. But don't concentrate with Tiktok only, you may soar with other platforms as well.

6. rayparse

rayparse New Member

Today, tiktok is the most trending social media which are being used to showcase different talents like singing and dancing.
    But, if you are going to look closely, you would notice that young entrepreneurs are already invading the tiktok market.
    Many are doing their live selling and they are even offering bonuses like free load for them to have viewers. And yes, recently,
    a catching game was introduced, it is actually a rabbit size animal that is running in the screen and you must catch the rabbit for you to win a prize.