indie game magazine! ( Self Crafted Vision )

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by metateen, Nov 30, 2015.

?

Time of new releases?

Poll closed Dec 3, 2015.
  1. 2 weeks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Every month

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. metateen

Moderator Indie Author

Hello everyone, those who seen me here noticed that I've been away for sometime and well I'm back and I was curious about something and here is your time to shine in and join the season of the soon to come, indie magazine! Originally was gonna do this on Ouya but I had an issue programming on there.

So I wanna try something here, now you maybe asking these few things...

What's the name?

Self Crafted Vision , why that name? Was gonna call it indie origins, although it would've been taken in a different direction and possibly a different annotation. So Self Crafted Vision can be taken the same way sure but possibly because it sounds better, slightly.

What do I get from this?

Advertising, you have complete control of how you want your ad to look of if you don't have the time. I'll be the one to make the ad for you or if you have a friend they can do it and I'll check it over and submit it. I won't be editing there ads (however if it isn't in English, I may need to request a translation unless the game of origin is in one language.) Before you ask, no you don't have to pay for your submission. Completely free.

How do I submit?

Launch me a PM and or link me to your thread (Though please specify a post) and I'll get it and add it.

What are you getting out of this?

Nothing really, just the publishing aspect and porting to sites and that's it. No money at all, no fame or fortune. Just helping others move up and get there game well known.

Will it be like Nintendo Power(I know it's dead but a good source) or Gameinformer?

Similar but different. Like when it comes to covers, someone will be randomly selected to be asked to make the cover of an issue. I'll be covering the first issue since creator rights but aside from that. Anyone is open game, keep in mind someone maybe asked to do it more than once but even then some maybe asked to just draw one character for a compilation cover.

Yes, this also goes into some pages, you also have complete control of doing this on your ad pages. Though keep it limited is all I ask.

Will this magazine be free?

Yes, it'll be available on an itch.io account I'll make specifically for this magazine if we can get it going.

Will this only include indie game devs?

Nope, some indie composers, illustrators, etc.... Will also be allowed though the limitations on them is a little more constrained then it is for the game devs. Since with them there will have to be half a page or a small section on them. or a few pages dedicated to them. Want to give everyone a fair share of attention.

Which means for you indie composers (Who inflate the music board) be prepared to connect us to some of the games you composed too. Not to mention years of experience. Same applies to illustrators, writers etc...

For comic makers, same limitations as the game ads.

How long will it be per-issue for release?

This is where you guys come in, wanna aim for a 2 week release or a 1 month release, while I personally would like a 2 week release, that isn't enough time for everyone else to prepare so it's in the choice marker above.

Though I want to try to release the first issue on the first week of December.

If there are any questions, please do ask.

Frozen Cube and LudovicB like this.
  2. metateen

Moderator Indie Author

With those 2 votes it'll come out every month! now taking submissions for all those who wish to be in it.

3. metateen

Moderator Indie Author

We're prepared...By that I mean I have all my pages edited and ready to go! Though currently lacking anyone else who wants to participate in this. The first issues cover is finished and here it is!

Art by me of course for my game. 'Young Vigilante' though submissions are still open for those want entry!

[​IMG]

Frozen Cube likes this.
  4. GCVuxadin

GCVuxadin New Member

Hey metateen,

This is a great idea and I wish you the best with the project.

I'll be sure to read a few issues once they're released.

Cheers,
    Vuxadin.

metateen likes this.
  5. barnEbiss

barnEbiss New Member

metateen likes this.
  6. metateen

Moderator Indie Author

7. barnEbiss

barnEbiss New Member

Well we are in the last 22 days of our campaign so we really need help spreading the word and rally support so any mention will help :) and if you feel like sharing on twitter or facebook we are really grateful for any posts or tweets you can do :)

metateen likes this.
  8. metateen

Moderator Indie Author

You'll make it in, you have my word.

If anyone else wants to get in on the magazine. You're free to do so now.

9. metateen

Moderator Indie Author

Next Tuesday is the release of Issue#1, so you're running out of time to submit! Remember its free and to those waiting, it's almost over.

10. metateen

Moderator Indie Author

#10 metateen, Jan 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
  11. metateen

Moderator Indie Author

Getting ready for next months magazine! all who want to appear come on up!

12. Frozen Cube

Frozen Cube New Member

If you don't mind, I'm desperately trying to get my dev blog and current game project out there.. :/ You chance you could write up about my up-coming game? :) (blog address in my sig ;))

13. metateen

Moderator Indie Author

Not a problem, that will be done and added into the second magazine.

Frozen Cube likes this.
  14. Frozen Cube

Frozen Cube New Member

Thanks a bunch! :);)

metateen likes this.
  15. metateen

Moderator Indie Author

...4 more ...
    days! I repeat 4 more
    days until issue 2 comes out, for all who wish to appear, inform me now!

16. metateen

Moderator Indie Author

due to lack of content, there will not be a 2nd issue this month... Unless there will be some miracle resource....Please do hope for a second issue.

17. metateen

Moderator Indie Author

issue 2 will be coming out soon, will be posting the cover later today. If you want to get in, you still can! There is still plenty of spots remaining.

18. Adele Game

Adele Game New Member

Hello Metateen, is this a project that you are still doing? I'm new to the forum, but I would be interested in learning more about how to submit our game...

Thanks!

19. metateen

Moderator Indie Author

Indeed, had to stop the posting of the cover. Broke my scanner, though it's up and ready for action! So when you're prepared and what not, I'm ready.

20. MKerogazov

MKerogazov New Member