Indie Game Development Business Tips

Discussion in 'Indie Business' started by bantamcitygames, Jan 5, 2016.

1. bantamcitygames

Administrator Original Member Indie Author Greenlit

2. GaiaDreamCreation

Indie Author

It's a great article. People who want to leave their 9 to 5 day job should read this article.

There are interesting facts like this one. Sarah mentioned that about 30% of your time is dedicated to making the game. The first time I made a serious business plan, I realized that my time would be really limited to program the game itself. Today, I know that a huge part of my time as an entrepreneur is not related to the programming. There's so much to assume in an indie business that the time programming the game is just part time. Yet, it is one of the most demanding tasks!

Once again, the question of money is at the center of the conversation.

bantamcitygames likes this.
  3. GCVuxadin

GCVuxadin New Member

Hey Bruno,

I didn't have time to read the whole article so I've bookmarked it for later. I did however skim read and I can already tell this will be a nice insightful read to people getting involved with the industry.

Thankyou for the share,
    Vuxadin.

bantamcitygames likes this.
  4. kevintrepanier

Original Member Indie Author

Release often! I flunked miserably at that with my previous "Animals : Home Free!" game but put it in action with my latest "Ringside Hero", which was released on the web (Kongregate and Newgrounds) in november 2015. I did aim for a minimum viable product and it paid out. Now I'm working on the sequel.

And yeah, it's obviously a lot about money. I'm looking forward for a future where everyone will have a "basic income grant". THAT will unlock a lot of creativity.

5. Mobile Game Graphics

Great and Fantastic article.