Indie Crossover?

Discussion in 'Indie Related Chat' started by metateen, Jan 12, 2016.

1. metateen

Moderator Indie Author

Me again and was originally going to make a post about an indie convention though that can wait. This topic can be taken in many ways possible but of course, a simple cause and effect.

Was curious as Crossovers have been a big thing and I was curious if there was a major indie crossover game? As of course let's say for example... marvel vs capcom or super smash bros. As these games come up with these and have notable icons sure.

Though since 2013, the indie scene has ya know...Got pretty cool and even then it's in my hands to ask if this has been attempted? If it hasn't how difficult would it be to release and manage it? Ya know...indie talk.

2. bantamcitygames

Administrator Original Member Indie Author Greenlit

I haven't seen any indie games with any character/world crossover. A lot of indie games don't really have 'famous' characters, but there are some.

3. metateen

Moderator Indie Author

True, fame is what leads to crossovers usually. Should try to start one up.

Ya know, stir that interest.

4. bantamcitygames

Administrator Original Member Indie Author Greenlit

Reverse engineer fame? Hmmm... great idea!

metateen likes this.
  5. metateen

Moderator Indie Author

I should honestly get this going. Just have to recruit up other indie teams and we'll be developing together.

6. Rockto

Rockto New Member

there are 3 smash-ish indie games. One, Indie Assault, is incredibly glitchy and barely playable. The second one, Indie Game Battle, has no clear direction, is only played by the developers of the third party games, is over-promotional, and suffers from everything Indie Assault does, though it is more playable and less glitchy. The third looks very promising, and is called Indie Pogo, it's shaping up to look pretty well made actually!