I'm Looking for a Team - Leave Your Portfolio at Home

Discussion in 'Help Wanted (UNPAID AND PROFIT SHARING)' started by Seraphall, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Seraphall

Seraphall New Member

Hello internet!

I want to start a game development team. That's a pretty bold statement, I know.

Hear me out though:

Are you a person who has always liked messing around with modeling programs? Do you see yourself modeling characters and props for an actual game that people will play and interact with? Are you interested in sitting down with a team to share ideas and develop something amazing? If so, I'm looking for you.

Are you someone who has been working with code since you were a kid just as a hobby? Do you like writing code and see yourself working with a game design program to build the framework of something really cool? Are you interested in sitting down with a team to share ideas and develop something amazing together? If so, I'm looking for you.

At present, depending on whether or not the modeler I find can also rig and animate their models I may also be in need of similar people who do rigging and/or animation.

The bad news is, none of us will be getting paid to start. However I want my intention to be clear:

I want this team to be passionate about making games that will be released to the public.

Whether on free channels to get our name out, or through kickstarters when people actually like our games enough to pledge for them, or through actual sales when we get to that point... Well, you get what I mean. I want these to be games that people play, and enjoy, and tell their friend "Hey, did you see this new game? It's pretty awesome, you should check it out!"

If I've still got your attention, here's what you can expect from me:

I want to be the writer and designer. I want to coordinate the collaboration of the team while also writing the story, characters and world into existence based on our collective ideas.

I want to take your awesome ideas and put them together to create a fully immersive, well-polished experience for the player.

Mostly, I want to work together with a small group of people who haven't really done this before, definitely know they want to get into game design with their specific skill and ideas, and want to really make something cool that could end up turning into a dream career.

[Edit] We now have a programmer and are in need of someone to do modeling, rigging and/or animating! If you can do any or all of these things, please don't hesitate to reach out!

#1 Seraphall, Feb 9, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  2. WildG

WildG New Member

That is all fun but is there a project in mind?

3. Seraphall

Seraphall New Member

Technically speaking I have a ton of projects in mind. My brain never switches off "creative mode". That said, I'm not trying to find a team to realize "my" vision, I want to collaborate with a team to realize our vision. I could pitch an incredible Fantasy rpg idea, but that means I could pass by a very talented modeler - who only does obscure sci-fi models that I could also just as easily come up with a great story for. I fully plan to spearhead the operation personally if that's what the team wants, but I don't want to discourage anyone creative with their own ideas from applying just because I've posted that I already have some big brilliant idea for a project. Yeah, me and everyone else haha. I believe the project should be decided and directed by the team as a whole, I'm looking for true collaboration :)

4. WildG

WildG New Member

Same here. I do have some ideas of my own. We could merge and build if you want.
    Universe at Arms is a pet project of mine. I’ve been working on a JavaScript engine to make it and this is the first time I present it to the public.
    Its far from the game I envisioned. At this point its almost an engine test...

5. Seraphall

Seraphall New Member

That actually looks like the start of something pretty neat! I'd be interested to hear your intended direction and what ideas you have going forward :) You should send me an email at seraphall@live.ca so we can communicate more easily

6. WildG

WildG New Member

E-mail sent.

7. SigmaSeed

SigmaSeed New Member

I would like to be a part of the team, but I have no appreciable skills other than proofreading, mediating, and giving ideas/opinions. That said, I am currently learning C# and the Unity engine, so I would like to work alongside and learn from the coders of the group and eventually help in that department.

8. Seraphall

Seraphall New Member

At present we don't have a dedicated programmer, but when I find someone to join the team I'll see if they'd be willing to have a understudy and if so, I'll definitely let you know!

Thanks for your interest! :)