If you need help with coding! Check here

Discussion in 'Help Wanted (UNPAID AND PROFIT SHARING)' started by Jieyu Yi, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Jieyu Yi

Jieyu Yi New Member

Hi all,

This is Jerry. If you need any help with coding, I may be the one who can help. I got years of experience as a coder and 2d skeleton animator. I can handle different types of games. But personally I don't prefer to do mutiplayer games. The main Engine I am using is U3D.

I will not ask for salary. A portion of revenue share is good enough if we finish the game. My purpose is simple: get to know more people in the industry, find a potential partners and find a way to spend my spare time. My only requirement is that you are consistent enough to carry on. Of course, the game idea itself must be interesting and not too big to finish.

Since I got a full-time job, my time is not always flexible. But still I could spend at least one hour per day as long as I am alive and I will be on Skype to response anytime except sleeping.

If you have more question, you are more than welcome to add my skype(jieyuyi88) to discuss more.
    Email: jieyuyi@gmail.com

Jerry

2. TheFallenMoon

TheFallenMoon New Member

Would you be willing to work with me and my small team? None of us know that much about coding, as far as I can tell. We need a programmer. We have a dude who is obsessed with action RPGs, a Music Composer/Sound Designer, and a Writer/Designer/Idea Guy. We are very very new and are most likely going to grow, but having a decent or good programmer from the start would be amazing. I'm requesting that you join, but I wouldn't mind having you simply help us with our first project either.

3. TheFallenMoon

TheFallenMoon New Member

Another thing to add is the scale of the games we are planning on making: not verg big, especially our first few. I, for one, am not going to stop pursuing this dream of mine even if my team quits, so you can rest easy in that regard. We might have some difficulties trying to put the game together over the internet and email, but it might just work. And I am more than willing to give it a shot.

My email: slayeroforcs@gmail.com

4. Jieyu Yi

Jieyu Yi New Member

I really like your attitude. I like working with people who are ready for chanllenge and don't easily give up. Do you have skype or so? So we can discuss about it more on skype or other chatting soft.

5. TheFallenMoon

TheFallenMoon New Member

No, I do not have direct access to a computer or phone a lot of the time. Enough to get this whole thing to work, but not enough to be on Skype or Discord a bunch. I can communicate through email or forums on my old kindle.

I suppose the real challenge atxthis point is getting things started. As we have no 3D modeller, I was proposing the idea of making a 2D collectathon puzzle-platformer or maybe a text-based RPG with a focus on music and sound. Your skils would be more required for the first one, so I'm leaning towards that. It would require more of us to all work together as a team, which is exactly what I want for our first games. Opinions? Ideas?

6. Tushar

Tushar New Member

I like to make an action rpg so I would need help ,so the game design,art style and ideas are like kingdom hearts 2 or something like that so plzz can you help me I am making it in unreal engine and using Maya for 3d works so if you help me i t would not take much time cuz I can't handle both things at same time

7. Jieyu Yi

Jieyu Yi New Member

If you haven't started and you don't have a stable team that worked together for years, personally I won't suggest you try puzzle-plat unless you have really strong level design skills or you have excellent artists. It may need a lot of first-level arts and designs to get some work done beautifully. Though from perspect of programming, I don't see any problem to make a game of this genre. For text-based RPG, it will be great if you don't have many artists, especially good for a beginning project.

8. Jieyu Yi

Jieyu Yi New Member

Kingdom hearts 2 is a great game. I enjoy it a lot. I will be glad if I can help to make games like that. However, you said you are making it in unreal. Unfortunately I am main U3D programmer, with some skills of making sfx, vfx, and 2D animation. I am not quite sure what your plan is and how we can cooperate. Would you plz share your plan?
    Btw, feel free to add my skype or via email if you want more detailed discussion.

9. Tushar

Tushar New Member

Actually if you are talking about plan I am thinking of making it as a 30% jrpg type and little design like manga

10. Tushar

Tushar New Member

Come on now is it me (obsessed)

11. TheFallenMoon

TheFallenMoon New Member

Yes. I would say better things, but you haven't told me any of your actual skills yet. Making an RPG is something I'd be very interested in, but the 'action' part may be a bit difficult. The programmar will have to decide that, though.

Okay. So, I assume you will be working with me, or is that not right?

12. Cogniad

Cogniad New Member

Hello Jerry,
    My small team and have been working on a strategy mobile game for a while now. It is a 2D game similar to the Civilization games in theory (but much more simple in comparison since it's mobile). We have been building it with the Unity 2D engine for a while now. We are organized and ambitious with our time frame, but in order to pull it off we will need more help.

I'm not going to give anything away on a forum since it looks rather shoddy in its current stage, but if you want to talk in private, I'd love to chat with you.

Email me at cogniad@gmail.com if interested. We can find a good chatting thing from there.

EDIT: C# is the language.

#12 Cogniad, Jan 12, 2018 at 8:04 AM
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2018 at 8:09 AM