Ideas for a game title for a Maze based horror game

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by Raikenleo, May 10, 2017.

1. Raikenleo

Raikenleo New Member

I am working on a first person horror game which is set in a series of mazes. I have come up with a neat concept but I cant come up with a name and I thought of taking suggestions.
    The concept is that the main character is sent to a secret location in the catacombs of France which is a doorway to labyrinth created by a black magician (I dont mean that the dude is black, the magic he uses is black magic aka the magic which requires sacrificing lil kids). The objective of the player is to get out of the labyrinth. There is only one exit which allows you to reenter the real world. The location of that exit is at the lowest level of the labyrinth. There will be 9 levels to the labyrinth and each level is inspired and by signified by Dante's inferno. Moreover, each layer has its keepers which are horrifying ghosts (not the casper the friendly ghost nor the invisible ones these guys are physically opaque).

So any suggestions for a name for a game with this sort of concept? I wanted to name it Lapin, which stands for rabbit in french and the reason behind trying to name it that was because one of the ghosts call the main character that frequently. However, since this is the first game im working on, I want the name to be more direct simple and catchy. Any advice my fellow brethren ?

PS: I am also looking for some teammates because working on a project alone is boring. I have pretty much come up with the entire plot and many major game mechanics. If anyone is interested please contact me, I am going to be quite active on the forum.

2. kumashockes

kumashockes New Member

Eternal catacombs or Eternal inferno

Raikenleo likes this.
  3. Tyler Olsen

Tyler Olsen New Member

Hello! Raikenleo!

My name is Tyler Olsen, and I have always had a huge love and passion for Dante's inferno as well as video games.... and happen to be a composer, I would love to as your idea develops and game comes to creation offer to make a demo based on your story/idea from my perspective music wise to see if we would be a good fit! Here is my email if you are interested in me making a demo to see if we would make a good match at making your game come to life!

tolsen95@gmail.com

Instead of linking you my demos in hopes I have something random that fits your idea, I was thinking maybe if instead I create a demo that better matches the feel of what you are looking for, then maybe it would be better on both our ends to try it! If anything I expand my demo repertoire and you get a better idea of what you are looking for!

Hope to hear from you! Great game idea!

Raikenleo likes this.
  4. Raikenleo

Raikenleo New Member

Yo. I am really glad that you are interested in my game design and would love to see your work. Though one thing is that I am a bit confused about the composer part. Are you a music composer or something else? Moreover, if you are are a music composer then you are definitely someone I need.

Moreover, I am working on the Game design document at the moment for the game and if you want I would love to show you and discuss the idea which I have come up with. Do remember that it is a horror game that I am working on, a first person survival horror game because I don't want to let you down by making you think that I am working on a game like Dante's inferno, since I am actually using the themes of the actual Dante's inferno to design the areas and levels in which the player will try to find answers.

5. Raikenleo

Raikenleo New Member

Those two name suggestions are interesting but they give the feeling that the game is an action hack and slash game like the game Dante's inferno.

I am making a first person survival horror game and it would have more of amnesia/ silent hill sort of a vibe. Where you have to run and hide but you can still fight back a little (unlike in outlast where you can only run and hide -_-).

Attached Files: