I Want To Purchase Your Beta Testers List...

Discussion in 'Indie Business' started by dypaul, Feb 4, 2005.

1. dypaul

Original Member

Hi,
    If you have a beta testers list with more than 200 names, with a good mix of system configuration profiles (all types of Windows OS, hardware config, etc.), I'm willing to pay a hefty amount for it. Please e-mail me at dypaul22@hotmail.com and include the number of beta testers, the price you want, and also, if you have the list on an Excel file or something similar, please send a copy with all the e-mail addresses deleted (so I can see the system configs). Thanks.

2. alfie

Indie Author

I am not being funny, but you really ought to think about it before you request such a list.

Even if somebody here only as a few beta testers, then selling their list would in my opinion be commercial suicide. The beta testers would consider the seller untrustworthy and a spammer.

Maybe you would be better off asking "where are the best places to recruit 200 beta testers", with various configs.

3. KNau

Original Member

Wasn't there a paid site that let you upload your game to a group of beta testers for something like $100 bucks per test?

4. dypaul

Original Member

Alfie...

Yes I considered that, and I would never impose on any of the beta testers. That is why I would first insist that you send an email to all your testers, get permission from them as to whether they would like to try this game out, etc. I would only ask the email address to those who have volunteered to try my game out.

5. alfie

Indie Author

I think it was called betashare, or something like that. If dypaul searched the old Dexterity posts then maybe he could find it there.

6. Bluecat

Original Member

You'd probably be better of getting a press release made up that you were looking for beta testers and releasing it to a whole bunch of sites. You could get Terin to do it for you, and it would probably cost you a lot less than the hefty amounts you would have to pay for someone elses beta list, and you'd probably have better results too.

7. dypaul

Original Member

Reply...

Betashare does not attract enough traffic. The last beta test that they hosted was many, many months ago.

John... how much does it cost to put out a media release? Thanks.

8. Tertsi

Indie Author

9. Bluecat

Original Member

If you look at Terin's website, he charges $75 to write and issue a press release, and it looks like he releases to over 900 sites.

10. terin

Original Member

Releases

When you add it all up, the release goes to about 700+ sites directly and gets posted on multiple major news streams for game sites. It probably ends up being read by (not being posted by) over 900.

75 bucks! Can't go wrong!

-Joe

11. VladR

Original Member

I believe it was betatest to my game named "Avenger". Or did they start another beta testing later ?
    If you were logged as betatester, you`d spot that 90% of all bugs submitted were bugs submitted by me (about 25 in total). Only 2 or 3 people were active for about a week and then there was big silence. Still, the idea is noble.

Luckily, our current games are being tested by a distributor, so it`s better now.

VladR
    www.avenger.sk