I have a goal...

Discussion in 'Indie Related Chat' started by Adre, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Adre

Adre New Member

Hello guys,
    i'm Adre from LevenLab, a small creative agency in Rome.

I decided to start my biggest adventure: i started working on a concept i have since 6 years.
    Being an hardcore gamer, i quitted playing online for the job at my own studio and for the lack of decent mmorpgs to play, as i am totally unsatisfied with what the market offers, so i decided to write a "diary" with what i would actually wish a mmo has to be perfect, for me at least.

Now i am starting the developement of that game, having now more than 7 years of experience in developing, and i will be using Unity because i am working a lot with it for other projects, and because it perfectly fits what i want to achieve.
    That game is named NEXT.

I am starting a devblog, and i invite you gamers and devs to read it and partecipate, if you like the idea ofc.

Also, i totally know is not something can be achieved with a small team, that's why i'm also here, and i do not intend to create ALL of this. The goal for now is now to create the core mechanics ( 50-60%), a 2k^2 tile as demo stage, a simple server sync and hope that it will draw enough attention to get funded once the project reaches a solid state ( probably for mid 2015 if the team wont grow ) to make the massive step.

Else will just fail and will be my core hobby for the next 110 years.

If you want to understand more, the blog is: http://nextmmorpg.wordpress.com, there you can also find a fresh video about the first mechanics implemented this week.

This is a big adventure for me, is a way to increase professionally and socially, and to deal with those walls that usually make a project fail.

Thanks for reading,
    Hope you enjoy.

Adre

2. Fox

Fox New Member

Hi Adre, welcome to the forums. I looked over your blog and your post and, pardon me if I have done so too briefly, but I can't find any actual specifics about your MMO ideas. You say you have this diary of years worth of ideas which sounds pretty impressive. I'd like to see your ideas for what makes a good MMO and what NEXT would be. The only way you're going to garner interest and get people on board is either have a ton of "street-cred" (which you don't have yet, it sounds like) or have really great ideas (which you may very well have, we just need to hear about them!).

3. Adre

Adre New Member

Hello Fox, thanks for answering and for checking the blog.

You are right indeed, i am considering about opening a section for a macro visual over the whole project to explain these features and ideas which i think make Next awesome.
    The cause i didn't yet, is because i would love it would be a day by day process and a day by day discover.
    That discover will cover the micro areas of the game, but yes, a macro view is required and i will update it soon, just i am organizing it to be "readable".

Thanks again, keep in touch.

A.