Featured I have a game idea, where do I take this?

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by RubyDupy, Jan 12, 2021.

1. RubyDupy

RubyDupy New Member

Hello,

I have been walking around with this 2D game idea for months now, but I don't know what to do with it. I have not much programming skills, and I don't have the patience for that. Instead I'd rather find someone who can program, and then I'll do the design, story, and music. On the other hand, it feels like I'm not the only one and if I want to make this into a thing I should jut not be lazy and start learning to program, but it just takes too much time. Anyone have any ideas?

Kind regards,
    Ruben

2. Legend Gaming Studio

My advice would be to flesh out your idea in a GDD, the scope, the target audience, the price or monetary method. After or before that, write down all of the systems and mechanics that would be in the game. This will not only help you get a firm grasp on the game you want to make, but also help with your technical writing ability, which is very important for a game designer. Just a simple google search for GDD template will help you get started.