How To Implement In-Game Purchasing...

Discussion in 'Game Development (Technical)' started by dypaul, Feb 9, 2005.

1. dypaul

Original Member

I have a very specific need that I have. I'm preparing to wrap my game w/ Armadillo, and configure it so that an HTML-based nag screen opens up at the start. If the user clicks on the "Buy Now" link, he/she is taken to Regnow's ordering page directly from that nag screen. Once he/she purchases the game, then the game is unlocked automatically without the user having to manually enter the key code. The game company "MumboJumbo" has this exact feature, and I don't know how to implement it. If anyone knows how to do this, I'm willing to hire as a contractor for a fee. You can e-mail me at: dypaul22@hotmail.com. Thanks.

2. willm

Original Member

The game would have to query the database (probably just through http) to see if it had been registered or not. You would need some key to look up on the server - the users email address would be sensible. If you have the server set up to do this, then it is a simple matter of downloading a file and parsing it.

Will McGugan

3. dypaul

Original Member

Will McGugan...

Would you be willing to implement this for me on a contract basis? I'm not a programmer so I would not know the first thing. But I do know what feature I want (as described above). Thanks.

4. willm

Original Member

Possibly. Is it regnow that you are using? If they have a way of querying their database via http then writing the code to check it in game should be straight forward..

This may be a silly question, but how did you manage to have a game to sell without being a programmer?

If you want to send me more details, you can use the email address in my homepage below..

5. dypaul

Original Member

Reply...

I am planning to use Regnow. As for the other question, my partner is a programmer, but I have taken on this responsibility myself as he is busy with other work. Please contact me at dypaul22@hotmail.com if you want to discuss matters. Thanks.