How to create your first video game ?

Discussion in 'Indie Business' started by tomicz, Jan 9, 2017.

1. tomicz

tomicz New Member

2. Dequan Wilson

Dequan Wilson New Member

Good read! I cannot agree more with the beginners ego. This goes for any project regardless of industry, if you plan on making the next WoW, you're in for a treat as it takes a lot more than simply making a few characters and a little map to make it work.

I honestly believe in order to defeat the beginners ego, you need to acknowledge you're a beginner. Your first few projects won't be perfect. They're there to learn from and take to your next project. Eventually you'll get better, but everyone has to start somewhere

3. tomicz

tomicz New Member

Thanks mate, your statement is right.

4. noahbwilson

Indie Author

Totally agree. I've only been making games for 3 years and everyone keeps asking me about this "big game" I am working on... I'd rather practice on smaller/dumb games that fail at my masterpiece.

I tell a look of newbies the same thing.

5. Chump

Chump New Member

Yep, I had that mistake with my first game, planted 5k into it, and it failed :/