Featured How much do you make off of web games?

Discussion in 'Indie Business' started by Rami Morrar, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Rami Morrar

Rami Morrar New Member

Question to my fellow HTML/Web game devs out there: How good is the market for html5 web games? I was thinking about writing in article on the revenue for HTML5 web game/widget development. Feel free to @ or e-mail me.

2. shelbydate

shelbydate New Member

Nice, good work, hope you get more subscribers.

3. mathieu

mathieu New Member

Hello may I ask you for which newspaper you write articles?

4. Rami Morrar

Rami Morrar New Member

I write for a blog called Radcade. I'd be happy to interview you!

mathieu likes this.
  5. mathieu

mathieu New Member

Thanks for the proposition. It will be a pleasure, I'am not really use to it but i will do my best :)

How we can do it you send me question by mail or discord?

6. Rami Morrar

Rami Morrar New Member

Discord is fine. This is a big project me and someone else are working on and anything will help.

mathieu likes this.
  7. indiegamemaker

indiegamemaker New Member

8. Chris Evans

Moderator Original Member

I did really well with web games from about 2006 to 2014. Browser plugins were very robust where you could do full 3D games.

But then browser makers began moving away from interactive browser plugins, so I shifted to mobile development. I looked into doing HTML5 web games, but compared to prior browser plugins such as Shockwav,e, Flash, and Unity, HTML5 just felt very limited. HTML5 seemed best for retro style/pixel games. And then there was still the issue of theft and how extremely easy it was for even a laymen to steal your game.

Sadly 7-8 years later, the game development tools and pipeline for HTML5 games is still inferior to the now dead Flash. That said, the io genre has been a bright spot for HTML5 games and some of those have been profitable. I would say web games are definitely in the doldrums right now after experiencing a boom about 15 years ago.

@Rami Morrar If you're still looking for devs to interview, I would be glad to lend a voice on the topic. :)