How many indie (downloadable) game do you own?

Discussion in 'Indie Basics' started by AlexN, Jul 13, 2005.

1. Geom

Original Member

Nobody else here bought Bridge It? That game is awesome

Mine:
    All the Sean O' Connor games (favorites are Mother of All Battles, Slay, & Conquest)
    Bridge It!

Geom

2. Indiepath.T

Original Member Indie Author

Hey Geom you should buy GEOM.

Tim.

3. Geom

Original Member

Ha! Eh, puzzle games are not usually my cup of tea.

Geom

4. Black Hydra

Original Member

Only two that I actually own:

Cactus Bruce and the Corporate Monkeys - A perfect testament to the importance of having an appealing style. Note that style is different than graphical quality.

Breakquest - One of the coolest arkanoids I'd ever played. On top of that the background music is enough to just leave the game running when your not playing.

There were several games I came close to buying but due to reasons that were independant of the game (low on funds, not enough time, ect.) I didn't actually buy. Such as:

Ricochet (played through an hour and forty minutes straight after downloading)
    Platypus - another testament to the importance of style. Which took a pretty simple and ordinary game concept and through music and graphics made it several times more interesting.
    Wik - an eye boggling game, just didn't have the funds when my time limit ran out.
    Gish - Stylish and cool but I like games that only require moderate effort for me to beat (I'm probably much closer to a casual gamer than you guys on that one!)

5. jeb_

Indie Author

I've only bought one so far:

Dark Archon Invasion

I really wanted to buy "Pax Solaris", but since I live in Sweden the VAT rate is 25%, and $25 felt a little too expensive for that game.

6. Coyote

Indie Author

That I've purchased in the last 3 years (I picked up a few in the mid-90's during the shareware hayday) - I think six total. A couple were gifts.

The ones I purchased were:

* Bejewelled
    * Pretty Good Solitaire
    * Ricochete: Lost Worlds
    * Orbz

The first two I got for my wife. And she plays them quite regularly, so I think I did a good job :)

7. Anatoly

Original Member

Oh, and I forgot "Marble Blaster"! I've bought it in a box!

8. Daniel_C

Original Member

hehe youve got a point there. It is a mission to play games these days.

I havent any at the moment. just been so busy that new games haven't featured heavily in my schedule mostly for the reason above. I do however play slime forest a japanese learing rpg.
    http://lrnj.com/

I hate loading so I hooked up my old snes to my tv card and use that for quick gaming releif within seconds I can just bust out a few laps around rainbow road using DK.Jr and I'm all good back to work within seconds.
    My problem with loading is that they go about sticking 5GB of files on my already obese HD which takes the best part of half an hour then ask me to insert the play DVD. Now why the hell should I do that!!?? Why don't you just play from the damn dvd then?? That makes me so mad.

*ahem* but yeah if games like bustamove are avaliable on indie ill buy it.

9. Thog

Original Member

1) Strange Adventures in Infinite Space

2) N. Yes, it's free, but I would pay $20 for this in an instant. Absolutely Precious!

But I have more to see...

10. VladR

Original Member

Air Strike 1
    Air Strike 2
    AstroAvenger
    Astrobatics
    BeetleJu
    BeTrapped
    Brave Dwarves 2
    Bud Redhead
    Dino And Aliens
    Fate
    Gold Miner
    Space Tripper
    Star Monkey
    StarScape
    TankOBox
    Zuma

Just yesterday, after reading a thread on RPGs, where a game "Fate" was mentioned, I downloaded it and had to buy it. It`s awesome RPG.
    Now that`s a word-of-mouth marketing (not that it needs it).

Every year I buy around 4-5 indie games (2 for me since I don`t have a time for a AAA game anymore and 3 for wife&kids that I obviously play too). This year I bought most of them, around 7.

11. Darky

Original Member

Zap!
    Rocketbowl Plus
    Super Gerball (Beta tester)
    Marble Blast (This really was a blast)
    Starscape
    Desperate Space
    And a bunch of stuff on Real Arcade. (Had it since 1999)

12. Sirrus

Original Member

Cactus Bruce
    Breakquest
    Zzed
    Bookworm
    Marble Blast

13. Kaos

Original Member

umm indie titles??

more than 50.

I buy about a game month, (sometimes 4 a month)