Hi, I'm new here

Discussion in 'Indie Basics' started by Enigma, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Enigma

Enigma New Member

Hi I'm new here also and I'm wondering about some questions also-

1. I've taken courses in Java and I wanted more experience so I decided to try and make a decent game. Is Java the right language or should I try something else such as C++?
    2. What would you suggest for a multiplayer element and how to do it? I have no idea but I really want it to be a team game.
    3. I'm only 13, do I have the time or skill to do this?

2. flavio

flavio New Member

Hi, there is not a "right language", every language has its pros and cons. Since you already know Java, don't worry and use it, there are already many games made with it.

Keep it simple! :) Don't plan for multiplayer in your first experience. ;)

Sure. ;)

3. bantamcitygames

Administrator Original Member Indie Author Greenlit

First off, welcome to the forums!

I'm 34, with a full-time job, wife and two kids. If I can make time to do it, you should have 10X that amount of free time :)