Here's what the spam looks like.

Discussion in 'Indie Related Chat' started by zoombapup, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Mike Boeh

Administrator Original Member

I will check into how many mods we need.

So perhaps just a vb upgrade and plugin install is in order- will do!

2. lightassassin

lightassassin New Member

I'm only new here, but yay Mike!

I'm sure the others will agree, if you need any donations we are all willing to help out.

Thanks for trying improve the place =)

3. HL706

HL706 New Member

Sounds like a great idea. It's incredibly difficult to have your posts approved and from the OP it sounds like spam is the major reason for this.

If this one doesn't slip through the net - could anyone tell me how long I have to wait/how many posts needed until I can post properly?

4. Applewood

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

I would guess at five. :)

5. LiquidShock

LiquidShock New Member

hopefully it is 5, I have been waiting to get approved for a while. Until I saw this thread I thought I was not going to get approved for membership.

6. puggy

Original Member

How to make many people here become jealous......., i get 0% spam on my forums.

Of course to post on the starpeace forums you need to download the game, create a username name though the game and then sign into the website using that username, so it's very unlikly a spammer would go to all that trouble. Ok, so the forum software is completly custom, lacks features etc etc, but it go's to show having your own username creation system cuts out a lot of automated crap, and having to create usernames though downloaded software reduces it even more, though only applicable in certain circumstances, those game devs out there could cut a lot out this way.

7. LiquidShock

LiquidShock New Member

oh, well I thought I was approved to post because a couple of them got approved. I guess some of the others got deleted in the spam so I am back to getting posts moderated.

8. JGOware

Indie Author

I vote for new (updeated) forum software and a complete re-start.

9. Bad Sector

Original Member

What do you mean by "complete restart" ?

10. Dri

Dri New Member

If you're talking about a brand new empty forum, at least make sure to keep the archives accessible... I don't want to see years of knowledge and discussion disappearing just because of spam.