Help Wanted FAQ

Discussion in 'Help Wanted (PAID ONLY)' started by svero, Jun 2, 2005.

1. dannthr

dannthr
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for being dilligent, Zoombapup!

2. Eponasoft

Eponasoft
    Expand Collapse

Profit sharing productions is all some studios can afford to do at first. My studio, for example, has no up-front money to offer anyone, and have to rely on profit sharing. It's horribly unfair to single out serious studios that have to do this.

3. speeder

speeder
    Expand Collapse

I still think a collaboration forum is needed.

Or barter forum... o_O

Some people (like me) have no money at all but are very serious.

And... poor TrentG :( I wish he stayed (he is Allegro 5 lead developer)

4. Pixitu

Pixitu
    Expand Collapse

Hiya,

in my opinion, there needs to be a mandatory posting template here, or at least a list with info to include in every post. They're doing it ongamedev and it does wonders to keep the quality up, and the users satisfied.

Of course it's just a suggestion, but I find it pretty tragic/ridiculous to see people posting detailed lists of all the assets they want, a line amounting to "You may contact me if you feel you're up to my high standards", and not a word regarding compensation at all.

It would just make all this more professional and easier to use...

5. nsmadsen

nsmadsen
    Expand Collapse

In my experience if profit sharing is allowed then the flood gates open up with a whole truck load of posts claiming "profit sharing" when in reality the game is either never completed or nobody makes a penny. I'm glad the HW forum is paid only and I don't view it as unfair because there are tons of other forums online that do not have this requirement. With a bit of effort, you can help expose your project to tons of freelancers willing to work for profit shares.

For those freelancers not interested in profit sharing, it's very nice to have at least one forum where guaranteed payment is a requirement.

Side note - I've seen several freelancers advertising their services in the HW forum. Isn't that against the HW forum guidelines? These posts go un-moderated for a long time and it feels like "double dipping."

Thanks!

Nate

6. dannthr

dannthr
    Expand Collapse

It's also e-tarded.