Help Wanted FAQ

Discussion in 'Help Wanted (PAID ONLY)' started by svero, Jun 2, 2005.

1. svero

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

Need some help creating your next masterpiece?

This forum is for help wanted ads. Please do not post ads for "volunteer positions" - They will be deleted. This is intended for paid positions only.

2. ManuelFLara

Indie Author

Aaah.. I remember when there was just a single forum for everything. Those were the days.. :)

Pretty useful this new forum, by the way.

3. Cubies

Original Member

Can't there be two catagories, one for paid and one for volunteer work?

4. svero

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

Too many volunteer positions are for non-serious or very amature projects. There may be the odd project that falls outside of that, but we wanted to discourage a lot of "hey I have this really nifty game idea but all i just need is a programmer and some artists and of course Ill be the boss" posts.

5. SMO

SMO New Member

6. Pyabo

Original Member

I would like to propose an ammendment to Help Wanted rules:

No 3rd party recruiters.

7. GoldenJoe

GoldenJoe New Member

Where do programmers post a resume?

8. ReturnedKarma

ReturnedKarma New Member

Where have all the writers gone?

I'm new here but in my exploration of the forum, I found little room for a writer to post their resume. Is there something I'm missing? Is this targeted away from that side of Game Development? And if not, where do I leave my mark on IndieGamer?
    Thanks!

9. Ciardhubh

Ciardhubh New Member

How about the "Art Portfolios" sub-forum?

http://forums.indiegamer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20

10. ReturnedKarma

ReturnedKarma New Member

Thanks, :) Wasn't sure if that was the correct forum as I mostly saw concept and 3d artists posting there.

11. Harry Krishna

Harry Krishna New Member

Hi, I posted here a couple days ago but it isn't showing up. How long is the approval process?

12. zoombapup

Moderator Original Member

It takes a few days for us to get to approving posts en-masse. You need 3 approved before you can post normally.

13. dmc

dmc New Member

Is it okay to ask for talent to collaborate with on a project where no money is put up front but instead there will be a split of the profits? And if the concern is that they're for non-serious or very amateur projects, I would be glad to provide proof that I'm serious. :)

14. papillon

Indie Author

That's what 95% of the people who post here with no money are trying to do, before their post gets zapped... Have any of those projects *ever* turned up complete afterwards? :)

Profit-share is an extremely dodgy proposition when being offered by someone without a track record. Even with a track record, you generally need an existing relationship with the person to be able to work it out.

15. ddemetrius456

ddemetrius456 New Member

16. jacobwilliam1

jacobwilliam1 New Member

17. Dushill09

Dushill09 New Member

hey i just need help with learning javascript. i cant get a book cause i cant get my dads credit card, but if you guys can show me a site where i can learn it, itll help A LOT. thanks.

18. chaoscauser

chaoscauser New Member

Maybe you could make a section for the non paid jobs but have a moderator that approves the posts before they are visable

19. trentg

trentg New Member

[Off Topic?] Post approval

Hello. I've posted at least a dozen times on these forums, but my account says only twice, and each time my posts are moderated. Is there a reason for this?

20. zoombapup

Moderator Original Member

ALL posts by newcomers to the forums are moderated until they have achieved at least 6 posts that are approved. This is to help us to remove forum spam (or at least, to help YOU not to see it).

PLEASE REMEMBER: If you are posting a job ad, it must be PAID. As in, it must have the offer of real cash money UP FRONT. I'm seeing far too many "revenue share" ads. Those wont get posted. Either you have money, or you don't. Promise of money isn't money.