Help/ Newbie Q/ Where to start?

Discussion in 'Indie Basics' started by Arturs, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Arturs

Arturs New Member

Hello,
    I am prety much a noobie with an idea of a mobile game.. But the thing is i need to make some kind of demo before i can show it to people. So what i wanted to ask is what is the most simple engine to make my game without any codding? I am ready to design all the phisical objects but id like to leave the programming to the side at start and just get the basic stuff.
    I see there are a lot of programms that say they are programming free, but which one should i use?
    What i want from my game is look from the top, somehting like Mobile Legends or League of legends, So youd be only able to move the camera around you and zoom, but not able to turn around yourself. it will be an RPG but different then you have prob played. At start i jsut need to make one floor with enviroment, 3 playable characters, and maybe a shop.

1)How do you call that kind of camera look in first place?
    2)I need an simple engine for the game, would be nice if i can edit my characters and models(free or buyable works for me)
    3)It needs to be playable on phone

I hope someone can help me with the questions i have!
    Big thanks in advance ill be waiting for your replys!!

Arturs

2. FreakoutGames

FreakoutGames New Member

Basically you need to start using some Game Engine like Unity3d and experimenting yourself. Since Unity3d has lot of tutorials and getting started materials it would be really easy for you.

1. The camera is basically 'top-down'
    2. You can use 'Blender' for all your models and character. Also 'Gimp' for your 2d work, both of them are free.
    3. Most of the Game engine supports multiple platform. eg: 'Unity3d'
    Start with small project which will help you to understand basics and gain more knowledge :)

3. zizulot

zizulot New Member

If you want to make a game without code. Forget it. But as far as minimalistic programing goes i suggest Game Maker

4. Cleaf

Cleaf New Member

Top-down RPG with shops and different characters, you will NEED code in that.

5. zizulot

zizulot New Member

And quite a lot in that

6. Arturs

Arturs New Member

Ok, thanks a lot for all your information, when i posted this i didint realy have an idea what i want to do myselft, but now i understand i will be drawing and modelling, i have started using Blender for my character modeling. Already got the sketches for my characters, going to learn how to model them now.
    And about the programming part i think i will try to get someone else involved into this, cose i got no clue about programming.
    Also a question, to get someone to help me i will need to tell about my idea, but if they decide not to join me and they decide they will make the game themselfes, how do i protect my idea from beeing stolen?

7. zizulot

zizulot New Member

Have no Idea, maybe make a contract of some sorts, youre never protected in those situations