Featured Has Anyone Published a Game on Kartridge?

Discussion in 'Indie Business' started by MikomiKisomi, Jan 5, 2019.

1. MikomiKisomi

MikomiKisomi New Member

Hey guys, quick question- amongst the Epic Games and Discord Store announcements, there was one that was sort of skipped over that I found out about a week ago. Kongregate announced Kartridge, a new gaming platform that's indie friendly for publishing to. I was wondering if anyone has published a game on it and if so if they felt it was worth it. They claim it has a big userbase but I've barely heard about it and there's not many games on it, so I'm really interested to see if people have gotten a lot of feedback from their games on it.

2. Albert Banda

Albert Banda New Member

Hey,

I've worked with some very successful indie publishers that have placed their games on Kartridge. The thing is, I think you're approaching your goal of promoting your game the wrong way.

There are successful indie games that are not on Steam, GOG, Itch.io, or any of those first-party platforms. If you simply want to put your indie game on a platform with a large userbase, you may be burying it amongst even more clutter. But that's another subject.

You need to find out exactly what Kartridge does. That is, does its business model complement your indie game? Does its platform have a place in your marketing plan? If you can say "yes" to those questions for any platform, then your indie game should be on it.

I hope you get the gist of what I'm trying to communicate here. Good luck!

Carpe Diem!