Featured hard to find a good way to promote my game

Discussion in 'Indie Related Chat' started by Icemon, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Icemon

Icemon New Member

Recently I have developed a game called Tower Hunter:Erza's Trial. It's on steam now. I am not sure whether I can throw a link here.

I am here to ask for your guys' help.

There are only 2 members in my team,we make very little money.It's not easy to expose that my wife supported me around 10 months.At this moment I hope my game will release on Steam soon.

My problem is that I am not good at marketing and promoting. I guess other game developers meet the same situation like me before. That's the reason why I am here to post. That would be appreciated if someone give me some advice.

Thanks in advance.

2. Northmyth

Northmyth New Member

well lets starts with what have you done until now to promote the game ?

3. joyce_mor

joyce_mor New Member

Have you tried to use social media, it is a great medium to promote your game?

4. IryWorks

IryWorks New Member

o_OI am a noob here,
    one of the ways you can go on to YouTube, Twitch, Discord Groups, Reddit...etc. Find some people making gameplay videos and see if you can make a deal with them.
    It's pretty easy these days, if you know the right person to talk to.
    Later you can borrow some clips and make your own promo video on steam.

5. Icemon

Icemon New Member

Thanks for all your advice. At present I am ready for all social media like facebook, twitter. And I found it's not easy to promote my game on reddit.

6. Icemon

Icemon New Member

Btw what do you mean Discord Groups? Thanks

7. Northmyth

Northmyth New Member

No reddit can be a pain in the butt to promote on but i think it is all about the right groups and discord is chat servers you can find a list on reddit and links for them :)