Half/Bryan 3 demo beta

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by Patrick Bridge, Feb 16, 2022.

1. Patrick Bridge

Patrick Bridge New Member

This is just a play demo beta of Half/Bryan 3. The animations for the NPCs and player character are not setup but get the idea. This video shows the looks and graphics of the game to mimic 3D

Video resolution maybe small as my screen capture software is an old version.
    Half/Bryan 3 lets play Beta 2 - YouTube

Everything was done in 3ds max as full scale models/rooms and an image was taken for each room. This was kind of the same technique used for making Resident Evil 1,2 & 3 for the PSone. I want to make a full 3D game but only have time to make in a 2D engine and want to make it lightweight as well. I do own a copy of Unreal Engine 3 but will have to take the time to learn the engine as I used the source Engine back in the day and know that well, but you have to pay for a license to publish on Source. I work a normal job 5-6 days a week 10h so that is why not much has been happening with large progress.

The half/Bryan series was created back in 1998 and built it as a side-scroller. The story and lore has been done for years and just been trying to get the series out on websites.

You can comment on here or on the video page. Thanks for looking.
    rating.jpg

#1 Patrick Bridge, Feb 16, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2022
  2. Patrick Bridge

Gameplay Image
    The player character and NPCs are all originally made in MS Paint and have not been rendered in 3D yet to get better texture looks, but will be done in 3ds max eventually.
    Good Image.jpg

#2 Patrick Bridge, Feb 19, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2022
  3. Patrick Bridge

A1 Cargo Area with sun rise showing lighting and shadow effects using Adobe Photoshop Light room. dems.jpg dems 2.jpg

4. Patrick Bridge

A2 Cargo Area. You can notice that the sun has risen higher and is brighter out once the player makes it from A1 Cargo area to A2 Cargo area. a2.jpg a3.jpg a4.jpg

#4 Patrick Bridge, Feb 27, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2022
  5. Patrick Bridge

General Morgan boss fight Bryan fight.jpg

6. Patrick Bridge

Bryan fight.jpg

Bryan boss fight with General Morgan gameplay with added Morgan healthbar.

Attached Files:

7. Anna Yurovskikh

Anna Yurovskikh New Member

Best of luck with your game, hope you'll be able to devote more time to your favorite occupation in the future. The first conspicuous thing is the absence of the character's shadow. And strange visual perspective of the objects, I cannot define the actual viewing angle like every object has its own viewing angle apart from others. It's been a long time since you've shown the state of your game, so I'm looking for your next post :)

8. Patrick Bridge

The game is supposed to be 3D but I only have a 2D engine. I cannot find a 3D engine to buy as everything is subscription base today. I own a copy of Multimedia Fusion 2 and that is the engine you are seeing along with 3DS max 2009 for model dev and Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2009 for shadows and room lighting. The model of Bryan isn't animated or even done so it looks like he just hovers. 3D would be a lot easier as I have to have a image of every angle of Bryan or any other NPC for movement. Half/Bryan has been around since 1998 and went through many game engines. the 3D one it went through was the Source engine but it requires 25K for the license. If interested in the series or game play demos you can watch here.
    Altrus Studios - YouTube I am working only on the Half/Bryan series which you can play as Agent Bryan or experience the background lore in HB Days of Conquering. I have a better capture card but for now I had to use a screen capture software to view game play.

As I noted before HB come out in 1998, it is a done series for the story but working a job 10h -6days a week, can't really do much.
    Here is the official website as well. Home (weebly.com)

9. Patrick Bridge

Here is what a room looks like and how and why the objects in the room look how they are. The boxes and containers are 3D objects that were made in 3DS Max and then brought into Photoshop. Photoshop Lightroom is what you see with the shadow effects. If this was done in a real 3D game engine, I could have this room built in at least an hour. But due to no ownership of software today I am working with what I have. The only downside I dislike is you cannot see the sides of objects like in a true 3D game. Untitled.jpg

10. Patrick Bridge

Seagull models along with ocean/wind and seagulls sounds playing to bring level to life. Seagulls in game.jpg

11. Patrick Bridge

12. Patrick Bridge

13. Patrick Bridge

Bryan animations bryan standing down animation.jpg .

14. Patrick Bridge

You can use first person view in Half/Bryan but is limited to certain spots and have to enter it by finding the FP cubes. FPS A2 cargo Area gun.jpg FPS Cube.jpg