Grid Paper Generator

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by Matthew, Jan 26, 2006.

1. Matthew

Indie Author

This site spits out PDFs for various grid papers: typical grid, dots, hexagonal, weird tile shapes, etc. It looks useful for game design--print out random grids and keep them in the bathroom with a pencil. Mix in some doodling, and voila!

http://incompetech.com/beta/plainGraphPaper/

2. GBGames

Indie Author

I think I found this site or one like it months ago. No one at work was impressed, but they're not making games. It is nice to print them out at work because of the double-sided printing available. B-)

3. Pyabo

Original Member

Nice link, thanks Matthew!

4. Larry Hastings

Original Member

I've used that site a little bit. However: it's not that hard to create your own graphs in PostScript. PostScript is goofy, but it's a real programming language, and once you wrap your head around its FORTHy nature it's a breeze.

My current game has a bunch of tricky physics, and more than once I've been reduced to drawing it out on graph paper. Someday, on this game or the next, I'm going to write a function to draw the scene in Postscript. Then I shunt that to my printer, and wham! easy visualization.

5. Bmc

Bmc New Member

this actually very usefull.... thanks!

6. Indiepath.T

Original Member Indie Author

I thought this was a joke but hey, this is really actually VERY useful. Thanks..

7. TimS

Original Member

This'll come in handy if I ever manage to get a Shadowrun campaign going again... (or Paranoia, for that matter....) :(

8. Kite65

Original Member

Remember the Computer is your friend :)