Gamezebo & Cool RealArcade Interview

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by gamezebo, Aug 17, 2006.

1. gamezebo

Original Member

How are you doing?

I've been a fan of Indiegamer for awhile and have talked to a lot of developers on this board in person in the past.

I just wanted to formally introduce myself and invite you to check out Gamezebo (http://www.gamezebo.com), which if you don't know, is an editorial web site focusing on casual games (and cool Indie games as well).

We just released an interview with Michael Schutzler, senior vice president, Games Division at RealNetworks (head honcho at RealArcade) which I think you may find insightful:

http://www.gamezebo.com/2006/08/interview_with_michael_schuzle.html

Also, please feel free to write us at editor@gamezebo.com if you are interested in submitting your game for review or preview.

Look forward to continue to hear from many of your about your games and read the discussions on this board.

Joel

2. Sirrus

Original Member

Glad to see you on the boards Joel...

Great interview - hope to see more in the future.

3. arcadetown

Moderator Original Member

Yup welcome to the IG boards Joel. I find Gamezebo to be very interesting as I've heard a lot of guys in the industry talk about it even though not exactly a lot of traffic, as of yet anyhow (according to alexa). Good PR work! Always feel we're the opposite in that we've been around forever, have a ton of traffic, and user recognition yet the industry still doesn't know us as well as I'd like. The downside of running a virtual business with hermit lifestyle I guess.

4. gamezebo

Original Member

Brian,

I'd trade ArcadeTown's traffic for Gamezebo's name recognition anyday :p

But seriously, Gamezebo's traffic is growing big time (not ArcadeTown's numbers, but getting there) and we've got a couple tricks up our sleeves.

I have no clue how Alexa track Gamezebo's numbers but they are just plain wrong. It's actually kind of annoying . . .

Thanks for the kind words.

Joel
    Gamezebo
    http://www.gamezebo.com

5. Nexic

Indie Author

Alexa tracks the number of peopel with their toolbar installed visiting your site, and then estimates how much actual traffic you have from that. You'll find their numbers vary wildly unless you have huge traffic.

6. cyrus_zuo

cyrus_zuo New Member

Hear you there...though Game Tunnel isn't anywhere as large as ArcadeTown. ;)

Joel I threw a link on the bottom of GT for you, we don't get an overwhelming amount of traffic but it should toss a couple people your way and up your rankings :).

7. DFG

DFG
    Original Member

Hey Joel, good to see you here. I was just over at Gamezebo reading some of the reviews and am amazed at how much you've done with the site since launch. Looking forward to seeing where you take it.

8. Jack Norton

Indie Author

Nice site but... you review also non-portal games? the strategy and sports category could use some help... cough... :D