Game monetization

Discussion in 'Game Development (Technical)' started by Greenextst, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Greenextst

Greenextst New Member

So I have a game created and my main money source is from giving users enough gameplay content so that some people would like to buy skins or extra levels. Most of you have much more experience than I do when we're talking about game monetization. How would you monetize a game in order to get more profit from it? I'm refusing to add SDKs with ads cuz I see my game without them, but what other options you could suggest for me? Maybe some others SDKs which do not use ads, like Globalhop or any other ways?

2. Scoper

Indie Author

A very broad question, but for small indie games, the most common and most successful strategies are:
    - Ads: earns money even if the game is mediocre, but minor nuisance for players and low profit per player
    - Paid premium version: good profit per player if the game is good enough to make them want more, but most players never pay anything.
    - Extra content: Similar to premium, but players only pay for the extras they want
    - Pay-to-win: a strong incentive for players to pay, but annoys many players especially for multiplayer games
    - Cosmetic upgrades: mostly for multiplayer games. Only the most dedicated players buy these things, but they usually love them.