Game development & publishing company needs another game.

Discussion in 'Other Services' started by CayleRose, Apr 20, 2015.

1. CayleRose

CayleRose New Member

Hello fellow developers! SubGlobal.net, since 2010, has been developing and publishing online video games - free to play.
    We're like a much smaller version of Nexon, or Webzen, but unlike our competitors - our servers actually have a longer uptime and the games are less buggy and well-managed.
    We have a 43,000 user base wish a sharper incline every month, which is why now would be a good time to publish another online video game.

Microtransactionism is our business (SG Coins), the games we're open to are ones where users, like most free to play games, are able to purchase ingame upgrades with virtual currency.
    Who knows, your game may end up being the new Minecraft.
    We push the ads out, and introduce your content to our user base.

Please ask all the questions you can think of and I'll try and answer most of them.

2. Russ

Russ New Member

Video Game Project

Heyo,

I'm currently working on a video game project in Unity 3d. I haven't gotten a chance to polish the website lately, but you can check it out at www.aura3d.com. Basically, it's a fully 3d fantasy trading card game. I'm trying to promote the game ahead of the kickstarter campaign and just saw your post. I think this game might be perfect for your outlet since it really lends itself to the micro-transaction paradigm.

If you might be interested in teaming up on this hit me up at russ@aura3d.com.

Thanks,

Russ

3. ShayF

ShayF New Member

do you have better marketing than the microtransaction ?
    for me the DLC also call microtransaction. I'm not marketter so I don't really have useful knowledge
    but if you can suggest better marketing for me I may get my game to your publishing.

4. CayleRose

CayleRose New Member

Yes, subscriptions for premium SG accounts giving the subscribers a slightly higher advantage whom are billed monthly though automatic payments. Microtransactions, in my opinion from what I've seen, are much more profitable than pay-to-play, on a good day $550 will be made. Gamers will pay anything just to look different in a game or get that small advantage over other players.

We take a % out of what games generate monthly, and forward the rest of profits to the developer. The % is negotiated with the developer, depending on the game's maintenance, as we maintaine the game to the point where it is self-sustaining in our data center. Published games are as well advertised on facebook around the world on clickable ads, generating 300~400 clicks a day.

5. Orymus

Orymus New Member

So, let me get this straight.
    You provide a platform and users and will handle micro-transactions, right?
    Any SDK involved?
    Just trying to fully grasp what it is you're offering/asking.

6. JadeFX

JadeFX New Member

hey i would really like to talk to you if you are still watching this thread,

7. Profezzional

Profezzional New Member

Hi there,

I'm leading a 9-person team developing a browser-based multiplayer FPS in Unity 5 for WebGL. We're planning to have the game have its own website with a built-in social media platform, which is what makes it unique. I'd like for our game to be not only free-to-play, but also free-to-win, as well.

Our primary goal is to create a fun, awesome game for the community, so any profit we would make would be secondary. We're planning to implement premium microtransactions for cosmetic changes only, in order to cover costs, so there's the potential to profit there.

Is there an option to partner with SubGlobal, but either:
    - not have the premium SG account system imposed on the game, or
    - make premium SG coins only able to be spent on cosmetic changes, rather than in-game upgrades?