Game Content Packs

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by Tony Nguyen, Dec 1, 2005.

1. Tony Nguyen

Original Member

Hey there,

This is just a note to let you fellow developers and enthusiasts out there know that Darkroom Studios has recently released for sale its new 3D Game Content Pack and will, shortly, have 2D texture packs available as well. The packs will be downloadable for instant access.

The 3D pack contains multiple prefabs that can be used for anything from video game development to architectural projects. All models have correct UVW mapping for easily swapping out textures, have highly optimized meshes for fast rendering, and they come with the appropriate textures included and already applied. Also, the price of the pack is very competitive and should be attainable for any developer or hobbyist.

You can view the Game Packs at www.darkroomstudios.com.

2. Ricardo C

Original Member

Great idea, but... furniture? Really? How about something a little more elaborate? Animals, humanoids, monsters, THAT I would pay money for. I'm a beginner in 3 modeling and could certainly use a stock pack of game-friendly character models I could re-texture and re-animate as needed. Furniture, I can make my own or get some off Turbosquid.

3. Davaris

Original Member

The only problem with TurboSquid is it's too expensive.

If you're taking suggestions for your next content pack, I'm looking for a scientist's lab or a medical lab. :)

4. superfrog

Original Member

Furniture models there are too much on the net.

I suggest you to provide models for several game types, for examaple a set of models to assemble a level for a platform game.

ByeZ

5. Tony Nguyen

Original Member

Thanks for the response guys.

Just to let you know, Darkroom plans on releasing more content packs in the near future. We also provide custom solutions that fit your game development needs (i.e., building a set of models, textures, etc.).

If you are interested, please email contact@darkroomstudios.com.

Tony

6. Tony Nguyen

Original Member

I recently opened the forums at Darkroom Studios http://www.darkroomstudios.com and included a section for ideas and suggestions. If you have specific art content (i.e., models or textures) that you would like to see in the next content pack, please post it there.

Thanks,

Tony

7. Tony Nguyen

Original Member

Darkroom Studios has just releasaed another game content pack.

The Medical Lab content pack contains 22 prefab objects including:

– Beacker: 92 faces
    – Bottle: 72 faces
    – Medical Cabinet: 86 faces
    – Counter Corner: 52 faces
    – Counter Straight: 32 faces
    – Defibrillator: 296 faces
    – Door: 106 faces
    – Doorframe (Double): 52 faces
    – Doorframe (Single): 42 faces
    – Heart Monitor: 110 faces
    – Hospital Bed: 392 faces
    - I.V. Cart: 288 faces
    - Ceiling Light: 44 faces
    - Wall Mounted Light: 118 faces
    - Medical Cart: 158 faces
    - Medical Shelf Cart : 262 faces
    - Microscope: 284 faces
    - Operation Light 1: 556 faces
    - Operation Light 2: 556 faces
    - Scale: 124 faces
    - Surgury Bed: 262 faces
    - Test Tube Rack (w/4 test tubes): 236 faces

The packs will be downloadable for instant access.

The 3D pack contains multiple prefabs that can be used for anything from video game development to architectural projects. All models have correct UVW mapping for easily swapping out textures, have highly optimized meshes for fast rendering, and they come with the appropriate textures included and already applied. Also, the price of the pack is very competitive and should be attainable for any developer or hobbyist.

We have also reduced the price of our furniture pack that works well with the medical pack.

You can view the Game Packs at www.darkroomstudios.com.