Game Art for Indie Games

Discussion in 'Art Portfolios' started by Msrana, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Msrana

Msrana New Member

2. metateen

Moderator Indie Author

I know portfolio's are meant to be one guy posts all and what not but I'll be perfectly honest.

Those images look pretty stock, not going to lie.

If you made them, I honestly don't know what to say...though it just captured my attention is all.

3. Msrana

Msrana New Member

I've been designing stuff for quite some time now so I'll take it as a compliment my friend. I was a graphic designer first before I started developing my own games I sale the graphics that I don't feel like using anymore btw you can check my twitter out @MsRanaApps I'm working on a new game these days and don't buy if it seems fishy.to you

4. Desktop Gaming

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

If you want an honest appraisal (which, knowing what I'm about to tell you, you probably don't), the website is truly awful. You say you're a graphic designer so why the chasm of black space and everything lined up down the right hand side of the screen? You don't need to be a CSS guru to have half a clue about layout and know that that's a mess. The artwork you're selling is mediocre at best, and your original post suggests that you couldn't care less whether anybody buys your stuff or not. This may be the case, but take a look at some of the other portfolios on this site and you'll see that in order to compete - or even sell a tiny amount of artwork, you're really going to need to up your game, because all of this is screaming "amateur".

Oh, and your nuclear explosion graphic seems be a public domain one taken by the National Nuclear Security Administration in 1953. If you're such a great artist, why are you doing this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nucle...le:Operation_Upshot-Knothole_-_Badger_001.jpg

5. Msrana

Msrana New Member

itch.io is not made by me I'm just hosting some of my things there i didn't create it. I don't care about my costumers? you're the one who's desperate to give your rude opinion to people without understanding what they said and by the way graphic designing and web developing are two different things. again you have no idea what's going on but you were desperate to comment and give your useless opinion life must be hard for you.. And by the way are you a moderator here? If yes then great. Yeah and feed the troll in you any further because I don't really have time for trolls like you if you go look somewhere else for food. if you ever feel like giving your little opinion to somebody at least try to use your head to understand what that person is saying first.

6. Desktop Gaming

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

OK, but do you find the layout acceptable? Is it nice to look at?

Assuming you meant "customers", where did I say this, exactly? What I said was you don't seem to care whether or not you sell anything.

It wasn't rude at all. It was an honest appraisal and I'm sorry you didn't like it.

Not really. In both cases you should have an eye for what looks good and what does not.

This is true, most of the time. It's a funny world we live in.

It's only useless if you come back at it with a scathing response, which you have, and don't act on it, which you probably aren't going to.

Not really.

Yes. You can tell because it says "moderator" below my name.

Indeed.

This is a hell of a long retort from somebody who doesn't really have time.

I normally go to Asda. Or Tesco, sometimes.

Opinions are not tangible. They have no size. Quite a bit of weight, though.

Well, you're saying your artwork is worth money, and that your website is the perfect place to showcase it, aren't you? Or did I misunderstand something? Happy to be corrected.