[Free] Programming weekend warrior available

Discussion in 'Other Services' started by thefinnishdude, Mar 30, 2015.

1. thefinnishdude

thefinnishdude New Member

Hi,

I'm Tommy, a Finnish IT teacher at college level looking to get some real, hands-on experience in game development by participating in a game development team.

I'm a programmer by nature and I have most experience in Java, Javascript, Android (apps, not games), HTML, CSS, Ajax, MVC architecture, OOP, LAMP stack and some C#. I've mostly been teaching programming and web app basics, but not really any game development. I have very basic skills in Unity and HTML5 frameworks like Construct 2 and Phaser, but I'm not afraid of learning new languages and technologies to improve my skills. As a typical teacher I know something about everything rather than everything about something.

Due to my day job and running a family with kids (I'm over 40 years old, duh!) I'm not able to put in massive amounts of work hours, but I'd love to participate in your team as a seasoned weekend warrior.

I really don't have any portfolio to display yet, but I'm working on it.

I'd like to start out here with smaller projects (or smaller parts of larger projects) so I can get a hang of how real life gamedev teams work before embarking onto large scale productions.

I'm open to all kinds of suggestions, so don't be afraid to PM me if you are in need of coding assistance! I won't charge anything (a.k.a it's free!), because I'll probably learn more than you from this :)

-Tommy

2. ReyBanks

ReyBanks New Member

Hey Tommy
    I am currently got a big idea for a Fantasy/Medieval Open-World game and your services would be more than appreciated. I am at the moment a one man army but am on the search for a full team, so far I am searching really hard on artists and writers and you would be great to have as a programmer. If you would like to talk more detail please hit me up on my skype or email.
    Email: myjrieley@gmail.com

3. helheimgames

helheimgames New Member

Are you still looking for a programming project?

4. zane80

zane80 New Member

Hi Tommy,

I am new as well, currently building a team with simple goals in mind. We can go very slowly. We have a concept and preferably would like to publish on iOS if we can. What do you say?

Email: zlatzstar@gmail.com

5. thefinnishdude

thefinnishdude New Member

Hello to everyone!

For some reason I haven't got any notifications about answers on this thread until now (hmm.. maybe I should check my 'spam' folder in the email..) so I apologize for not reacting to your messages.

Currently I'm already involved in a project that takes up all my spare time, so I'm afraid I can't take on any new assignments for now. I'm really sorry to have been taking so long to update the situation here.

I hope you all find good new teammates for your projects!

-Tommy

6. lokomotifbag

lokomotifbag New Member

Hi Tommy,

We are in the same situation, I love programming and took up some hobby project with the local community here before i got married... but now i have to let go my hobby due to i am the father of three cute and lovely kids... hahaha

cheers,

David