[Free] Online tool for game design and storyboarding - Arcweave

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Manos Kalaitzoglou, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Manos Kalaitzoglou

Manos Kalaitzoglou New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hi everyone,

Around a year ago me and my brother started working on a prototype for a web-based game design tool. We were tired of using and maintaining dozens of google docs and we wanted a faster and more visual approach to the game design and documentation procedure. Our vision was to help game developers organize and plan their game model, flow and interactions in a more convenient way than writing things down in a document or wiki.

We set out to create a dynamic flowchart system where users could:
    • Develop branching storylines and dialogues in a visual and easily readable format
    • Create characters, locations, items e.t.c as separate entities/components, add media and properties to them and link them to different parts of the story
    • Maintain an overview of the game and "dive" in different parts of the story to flesh out the details
    • Share progress publicly to present and receive feedback.
    • Export branch structure and media to .JSON format
    Back to present day, Arcweave beta is finally online and free at https://arcweave.com. We have many more features planned to implement in the future (real-time collaboration, reports, comments, e.t.c) but as we are a small bootstrapped team each update takes time.

We would greatly appreciate it if you guys try it out and let us know your thoughts, ideas and share with us your feedback as to how we can further improve it.

Also, if you are interested in following the project you can do it on Twitter here and on discord here

Cheers!

2. BobFeeserVO

BobFeeserVO New Member

This looks really useful! I'm probably going to use this to help me make a D&D campaign.

Also please consider releasing this on iPad.