Feedback Request: New Company Name....

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by Curiosoft, Apr 13, 2005.

1. Curiosoft

Indie Author

Hey folks,

I have received some marketing advice saying that I should change the company name.

Our company focuses on kids games. Specifically, we focus on games that show kids role models for various facets of their life.

We have the "Jr. Series" that introduces children to positive role models like Doctors, Vets, Scientists, and Inventors.

So my question is....what is the best name for our company? Here are the options I have...
    1) Curiosoft
    2) CuriosityTown
    3) CuriosityWorld
    4) Junyroles
    5) Junipy
    6) CuriosityGames
    7) Junykids
    8) Pimpadoodle

I want something unique and memorable. But am flexible. Let me know what you think.

Later,
    Curiosoft

#1 Curiosoft, Apr 13, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2005
  2. Red Marble Games

Original Member

Just MHO, but I think Curiosoft is fine, and a million times better than the other alternatives you list. The only reason to change it (IMHO) would be to emphasize that you're making a reference to curiosity, and if that's what you're after then I would go with two words -- Curious Software or Curiosity Games or something like that.

Just my $0.02.

3. maksum

Indie Author

I like CurioSoft the best. I vote to keep it.

Mike

4. Ricardo C

Original Member

"Curiosoft" is just fine. Don't fix what is not broken.

And seriously, "Junipy"??? The hell???

5. Hiro_Antagonist

Original Member

Heh, I rather like Curiosoft as well.

Did the person that advised you to change it say exactly what was wrong w/ that name? If so, and if you wanted to treat that advice as gospel, you can figure out another name that embraces that quality.

That said, maybe Curios Games is close enough to the spirit your old name, but more clear without any tricky spelling?

-Hiro_Antagonist

6. baegsi

Original Member

I agree with the others here: Curiosoft is the best option. To be honest: I find none of your alternative acceptable. CuriosityWorld would be ok, but too complex for my taste. The word curiosity is too long and vague.

If you still want to change your name, try to find a name that is more kids game related, and since your customers are parents, I'd choose a less fancy name and something more obvious (that would also perform better in terms of SEO)

7. Fantus

Original Member

Curiosoft is the best indeed. Where did you get the advice? Most company names are simply the family name of the founder, it's the marketing that you put behind it that makes the name. Look at Nickelodeon for example, everyone knows it. But why they choose a name like that is a mystery.

8. Emmanuel

Moderator Original Member

Curiosoft

Curiosoft would be my vote too. It's short, easy to remember (a play on curioso or something) and likable.

Best regards,
    Emmanuel

9. Nexic

Indie Author

Curisoft IS the best name ^.^

I sometimes think about changing Jagged Blade Software - but then again, it's probably not worth the time.

10. JPGinLA

JPGinLA New Member

I think Curiosoft doesn't roll off the tongue very easily. But, I like it better than your other choices.

How about CurioCity or CurioCity Games to capture your "world" idea?

Just a few more of cents!

-JPG

11. Curiosoft

Indie Author

Yeah,

I've narrowed it down to 4...
    1) Curiosoft
    2) Curiosity Games
    3) Junykids
    4) Pimpadoodle

Send over any feedback you have on these 4; thanks again for the suggestions.

Take care,
    Curiosoft

#11 Curiosoft, Apr 13, 2005
  12. Greg Squire

Original Member

I'm not seeing any better options there. I'd keep the name CurioSoft. It rolls off the tongue nicely and it conveys what your company is about "learning software for (curious) children".

13. Pyabo

Original Member

Er.... no. Absolutely not.

14. cliffski

Moderator Original Member

Curiosity Games

anything with soft in sounds too like a normal non-games 'application software' company.
    I feel the name change pain. I HATE the name positech. it was an off-the-shelf pre-made company I registered when I did IT contracting. I would love to change it, but its wayyyyy too late now. I can't even get the .com

15. dima

Original Member

- Curiousity Lived the Cat (as opposed to killed)
    - Extrinsic Software
    - PeculiSoft
    - InquisiSoft

hehe, just some quick thoughts, not that anything is wrong with your current name.

16. Bmc

Bmc New Member

Curious Kids Inc.
    Curious Kid Games

17. Curiosoft

Indie Author

Yeah,

I thought about having something like

Curiouskids.com

But....
    I'm not sure how many folks can spell Curious, so I took it off the list.

How about
    InsideGenius Games?

Take care,
    Curiosoft

#17 Curiosoft, Apr 13, 2005
  18. PoV

PoV
    Indie Author

De Ja Vu. Didn't this come up once before? Either way, if you don't like your existing name, why not just "Curiosity". Yes, that's the whole name. Obviously for business purposes it may have a longer name (The Curiosity Company, Curiosity Interactive, whatever), but you use that single word as your name/brand/what have you.

Hehe, and you can use cheesy quotes like "Developed with Curiosity" instead of Developed By. ;)

Or the variations:

Curiosity
    With Curiosity
    Curious

(or other prefixes, 'cause prefixes are under used in company names).

19. Bmc

Bmc New Member

anyone who can't spell curious probably can't spell genius either ... Inside genius isn't so bad a name though, Curious Kids is better though. Something similar to what someone else suggested would be kinda neat ... The Curious Kids Company as the full name with the emphasis on Curious Kids

The Curious Kids Company

20. Ricardo C

Original Member

Of the latest batch of names, I do like Curious Kids and Inside Genius. But I still favor Curiosoft above all. Short, sweet, and unqiue.

And dude, really, stop it with the "Juny/Juni" preffix ;)