Farquest - 3rd person survival RPG with random generated world

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by Smuli, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Smuli

Smuli New Member

[​IMG]

Farquest is a PC game that’s been in development by two people from Finland, Shintaja (programmer) and me (artist), with Unity for two years. Our goal is to make a survival RPG with random generated biomes and side quests, and a quick reaction based fighting system with diverse set of movements. The player can craft weapons, armor and other equipment, while completing random generated quests to gain loot and fame, that help him or her unravel the mystery of the main quest.

What we’ve completed so far is a random world generator with several biomes, and a sword and shield fighting against an AI. Land, trees and other flora can be destroyed. Here’s a video of early gameplay:

Recently, Shintaja has been optimizing the terrain generation and I’ve been writing quests. The next big thing that we focus on will be random quests. Also, you might see a video of world exploration or battle against several enemies in the near future.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/FarquestTheGame

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Gameicreate

Gameicreate New Member

In farquest which apk version downloads for windows or mac?

3. Smuli

Smuli New Member

Gameicreate - I'm not sure what you're asking, could you clarify? The game is a long way from release but it'll be probably for windows and mac.

Lately I've been modeling craftable weapons while Shintaja has been working on the quest system.

[​IMG]

#3 Smuli, Apr 8, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  4. Will Scearce

Will Scearce New Member

Hi, I was wondering if you guys would like someone to help with the music and sound effects in the game? I would love to help, I would do it for free, I have several years of musical experience, I would love the exposure and could try and make the music that you imagin to be in your game. If interested contact me at mcrpfb@yahoo.com