Experienced writer looking for work

Discussion in 'Other Services' started by Francis Buck, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Francis Buck

Francis Buck New Member

I'm a creative writer located in Pennsylvania, USA. I specialize in fiction, primarily fantasy, science-fiction, and thriller/crime, but I'm highly versatile and have dabbled in historical and literary fiction. I have one completed novel and several short stories. I recently made it the top 30 out of 1,700 submissions in a contest for my short story, The Wolf and the Wanderer, posted here: http://fantasywritingcontest.com/2012/10/longlist-66/

My strength lies in excellent plot structure, with a secondary focus on characterization and sharp dialogue, as well as world-building for fantasy and science-fiction. I have accumulated hundreds of notes, drawings, maps, etc. for several different fantasy worlds, all with rich cultures and histories. Much of my work consists of deconstructions and/or subversions of typical genre tropes, plots, and characters. I have an interest in writing both novels and movies as well as a strong inclination towards video games.

I would prefer to be paid, but I will work for free on the right project. If anyone's interested, please contact me here or via e-mail at fmb137@gmail.com and I'll send a sample of my work.